XPS M140 Display question

Old January 5th 06, 03:54 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

Default XPS M140 Display question

I am considering purchasing a Dell XPS M140 laptop. The one optional feature
I am
having trouble deciding on is the display. Dell offers the M140 display with
or without
the TrueLife option. When I checked out the machine at the Dell kiosk at the
local
mall, I was impressed with the brighter and sharper display on the demo
model that
had a TrueLife display. However, the sharper image is achieved by
eliminating the
non-glare coating on the display. My concern is that the display may be hard
to see in
situations where there is strong lighting behind me. Does anyone have any
opinions or
experience with Dell's TrueLife displays (or displays with a similar feature
on any other
manufacturers' laptop)? The manager at the local CompUSA claimed that just
about
all of the mid to high end laptops come with some variation of Sony's XBrite
display
technology. (They started it.) About 85% of the laptops in his store had
some form of
this display technology. Is this the trend in laptop displays?

Larry