No Original System Configuration

Old September 25th 12, 04:20 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Boris[_5_]

Default No Original System Configuration

Anyone know why, or experience themselves, that when I go to the Dell site
to look at the machines I've bought over the years from Dell, under My
Products and Services, none of the 10 machines show Original Configuration?
It used to work just fine, as recently as a few days ago.

TIA
Old September 25th 12, 05:37 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
olfart

"Boris" wrote in message
4.100...
Anyone know why, or experience themselves, that when I go to the Dell site
to look at the machines I've bought over the years from Dell, under My
Products and Services, none of the 10 machines show Original
Configuration?
It used to work just fine, as recently as a few days ago.

TIA

With so many models sold I guess they have to draw the line on archiving old
info or their servers wouls explode LOL
I always look up the config and download all the drivers, manuals and other
pertinent info when I buy a machine and then save it. Still got the info on
boxes dating back to 1998. Hint''''don't just save the URL's or Webpage,
because it might get taken down. I save as a text file as well as WebPage
complete.

Old September 25th 12, 06:19 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Boris[_5_]

"olfart" wrote in
:

"Boris" wrote in message
4.100...
Anyone know why, or experience themselves, that when I go to the Dell
site to look at the machines I've bought over the years from Dell,
under My Products and Services, none of the 10 machines show Original
Configuration?
It used to work just fine, as recently as a few days ago.

TIA

With so many models sold I guess they have to draw the line on
archiving old info or their servers wouls explode LOL
I always look up the config and download all the drivers, manuals and
other pertinent info when I buy a machine and then save it. Still got
the info on boxes dating back to 1998. Hint''''don't just save the
URL's or Webpage, because it might get taken down. I save as a text
file as well as WebPage complete.

Yes, I too save it all. Configs, manuals, drivers, etc...But sometimes
I'm away from my home, and need the info. My last buy (laptop) was less
than 6 months ago, and the online info is gone.
Old September 25th 12, 06:54 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
olfart

"Boris" wrote in message
4.100...
"olfart" wrote in
:

"Boris" wrote in message
4.100...
[...]

you might go to Dell Forums and ask about it. Maybe they have the info
buried somewhere

Old September 25th 12, 09:01 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
dg1261

Boris wrote in
4.100:

Anyone know why, or experience themselves, that when I go to the Dell
site to look at the machines I've bought over the years from Dell,
under My Products and Services, none of the 10 machines show Original
Configuration? It used to work just fine, as recently as a few days
ago.

I can't think of any reason to explain what you're experiencing.

I just did a spot check of about a dozen service tags of machines I've
worked on over the years, and all except two still showed the "Original
Configuration" information. The only two for which that information was no
longer available had ship dates prior to 2000. Everything with ship dates
of 2000 and later were all still available.

Old September 26th 12, 07:20 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Boris[_5_]

"olfart" wrote in
:

"Boris" wrote in message

[...]