Best fan/hs unit

Old December 22nd 03, 09:58 AM
NewHat!

Default Best fan/hs unit

I was going to buy a Vantec Aeroflow VA4-C7040 but I read that it can
vibrate a lot at times. This unit is 24.99, can anyone recommend another
hsu in the same price range that is quiet and cools well?

Old December 22nd 03, 11:52 AM
Frank Hagan

"NewHat!" wrote in message
I was going to buy a Vantec Aeroflow VA4-C7040 but I read that it can
vibrate a lot at times. This unit is 24.99, can anyone recommend another
hsu in the same price range that is quiet and cools well?

Vibrate? I've got two and they're solid and quiet! Cool pretty well also ;-)

FRH

Old December 22nd 03, 07:25 PM
Wes Newell

On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 09:58:39 +0000, NewHat! wrote:

I was going to buy a Vantec Aeroflow VA4-C7040 but I read that it can
vibrate a lot at times. This unit is 24.99, can anyone recommend another
hsu in the same price range that is quiet and cools well?

http://www.compuplus.com/insidepage....j89&id=1000771

I couldn't believe this price.

Old December 22nd 03, 08:43 PM
LeeB18509

news

http://www.resellerratings.com/seller1929.html Yuck.

Old December 23rd 03, 01:44 AM
callsignviper

"Wes Newell" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 09:58:39 +0000, NewHat! wrote:

I was going to buy a Vantec Aeroflow VA4-C7040 but I read that it can
vibrate a lot at times. This unit is 24.99, can anyone recommend

another
hsu in the same price range that is quiet and cools well?

http://www.compuplus.com/insidepage....j89&id=1000771

I couldn't believe this price.

$5.25!!!!!!!

Either a mistake or a scam.

If real then shipping must be $20-30!!!!!!

--
callsignviper

The truth is out there. You just have to look in the right places and ask
the right questions.

Old December 23rd 03, 02:43 AM
Amir Facade

"callsignviper" wrote in message

"Wes Newell" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 09:58:39 +0000, NewHat! wrote:

I was going to buy a Vantec Aeroflow VA4-C7040 but I read that it can
vibrate a lot at times. This unit is 24.99, can anyone recommend

another
hsu in the same price range that is quiet and cools well?

http://www.compuplus.com/insidepage....j89&id=1000771

I couldn't believe this price.

$5.25!!!!!!!

Either a mistake or a scam.

If real then shipping must be $20-30!!!!!!

actually the default next day is $39.99
LOL

Old December 23rd 03, 10:36 PM
Mac

http://www.hardcorecooling.us/product.asp?3=569

http://www.hardcorecooling.us/product.asp?3=583

Old December 24th 03, 06:47 AM
sdlomi

"Wes Newell" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 09:58:39 +0000, NewHat! wrote:

I was going to buy a Vantec Aeroflow VA4-C7040 but I read that it can
vibrate a lot at times. This unit is 24.99, can anyone recommend

another
hsu in the same price range that is quiet and cools well?

http://www.compuplus.com/insidepage....j89&id=1000771

I couldn't believe this price.

Wes, I just couldn't stand it. Had to order one of those Vantecs at
that price. Wonder if all I get is a fan with no heatsink? Of course they
advertised it as an VA4-C7040, which is the Vantec 'total unit'--or hs/fan
combo. Will be interesting. Ratings weren't impressive at all for the co,
but for ~$13.50 including shipping, I had to accept the 'sucker-offer'.
sdlomi

Old December 24th 03, 06:57 AM
sdlomi

"Mac" wrote in message
. ..
http://www.hardcorecooling.us/product.asp?3=569

http://www.hardcorecooling.us/product.asp?3=583

That first one, ......569, has some impressive specs--esp. the noise at
only 21 dba!!! If, IF it cools up to 3400's, it would be like having the
cake and eating it too. Best of both worlds, huh? (Not in stock.) sdlomi

power supply unit Simone M General 1 December 6th 04 06:34 PM
OffTopic - Electricity Usage LCD/fluorescent blubs vs a cheap air con kony General 11 November 11th 04 04:14 AM
broken computer unit sp General 7 February 24th 04 11:46 PM
CenturyCD CD Storage Unit BenignVanilla General 0 January 7th 04 03:12 PM
Help needed with unit shutting down randomly Joe Bloe General 1 June 26th 03 04:18 AM