Case comparison, advice needed

Old December 19th 03, 01:02 AM
NewHat!

Default Case comparison, advice needed

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...talog=7&depa=1

Aspire X-Dreamer II- Mid-Tower, Steel (also available in aluminum), 350W,
Fans: 1 front, 2 rear, 1 side, 1 top.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...=BROWSE&depa=1

Antec Solution Series- Mid-Tower, 350W (says "Smart Power", whatever that
is), 2 120mm fans (front, rear).

Which would be better for overclocking? Thanks.

Old December 19th 03, 01:11 AM
Frank Hagan

"NewHat!" wrote in message

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...talog=7&depa=1

Aspire X-Dreamer II- Mid-Tower, Steel (also available in aluminum), 350W,
Fans: 1 front, 2 rear, 1 side, 1 top.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...=BROWSE&depa=1

Antec Solution Series- Mid-Tower, 350W (says "Smart Power", whatever that
is), 2 120mm fans (front, rear).

Which would be better for overclocking? Thanks.

Compare the power supplies! Antec vs. generic. Between those two, no choice,
get Antec! IMHO ;-)

FRH

Old December 19th 03, 04:27 AM
Centroid

I just received my third Antec detailed in your link. They are fantastic!!
Just note the color is more of a silver and matched neither grey/black/beige
colors. On balance, the door conceals the mis-matched colors. Nice units.

Mike

Old December 19th 03, 10:09 PM
Frank Fussenegger

If you want max-cooling and cost is an issue, this case looks good:

http://www.cooltechzone.com/reviews/...turbine_1.html

My favorite would be:

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...=BROWSE&depa=1

I don't overclock myself, but you don't want to economize on the
cooling features of your case.

Old December 19th 03, 10:27 PM
Biker_Bry

"NewHat!" wrote in message

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...talog=7&depa=1

Aspire X-Dreamer II- Mid-Tower, Steel (also available in aluminum), 350W,
Fans: 1 front, 2 rear, 1 side, 1 top.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...=BROWSE&depa=1

Antec Solution Series- Mid-Tower, 350W (says "Smart Power", whatever that
is), 2 120mm fans (front, rear).

Which would be better for overclocking? Thanks.

I have the Aspire Turbo Case X-Sonic Silver 350W Power Supply...
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...=BROWSE&depa=1

My Set-up
ASUS P4P800 DLX
P4 2.4C 800mhz FSB W HT
2X 256 DDR400 Crucial Value RAM (in dual channel mode)
Geforce FX5600 Ultra
1X 120Gig Seagate SATA drive
MSI DVD Rom Drive
ASUS 52X24X52 CDRW

No problems here...
The case is nice, and suits my needs good (only $55), but the Antec is a
little nicer if you need it.
Nothing wrong with the 350W power Supply with the Aspire case (so far).

Biker Bry

Old December 20th 03, 12:01 AM
larrymoencurly

"NewHat!" wrote in message ...

Aspire X-Dreamer II- Mid-Tower, Steel (also available in
aluminum), 350W, Fans: 1 front, 2 rear, 1 side, 1 top.

Antec Solution Series- Mid-Tower, 350W (says "Smart Power",
whatever that is), 2 120mm fans (front, rear).

Which would be better for overclocking? Thanks.

How many watts can the 350 watt power supply in the Aspire case put
out? I'd be confident of the Antec's power rating, and I found that a
300W Antec SmartPower (Solution Series and SmartPower are about the
same) could manage at least 380W, at least for ten minutes (I didn't
test longer -- load gets hot).
Old December 20th 03, 02:39 PM
jeffc

"Frank Fussenegger" wrote in message
om...
If you want max-cooling and cost is an issue, this case looks good:

http://www.cooltechzone.com/reviews/...turbine_1.html

My favorite would be:

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...=BROWSE&depa=1

I don't overclock myself, but you don't want to economize on the
cooling features of your case.

You don't want to go crazy either. 6 80mm fans sounds like a loud PC,
without any real payoff. It says "There are little openings in the case for
better circulation of air". That sounds extremely dubious to me.

Old December 20th 03, 04:47 PM
DaveL

I just built a system for a friend. I used this Antec case
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...=BROWSE&depa=1

Not only is it beautiful but it's dead silent. It has slide-in drive bays
and lots of them with good spacing and cooling for the multiple drives in
raid.

Dave

.com...

Old December 20th 03, 05:31 PM
Skid

"DaveL" wrote in message
I just built a system for a friend. I used this Antec case

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...=BROWSE&depa=1

Not only is it beautiful but it's dead silent. It has slide-in drive bays
and lots of them with good spacing and cooling for the multiple drives in
raid.

I also use and like the Antec Sonata. It's a unique design that is quiet and
functional. The gel-mounted transverse drive bays are such a good idea I
wonder why nobody else thought of it. There is a place for an optional 120
mm fan to pull air across them through the front of the case, not only
increasing ventilation but keeping the drives cool at the same time.

My only complaint is that the plastic hinges on the door are easy to break
if you're not careful -- a warranty replacement is on the way for mine.

Old December 20th 03, 09:02 PM
SpongeBob

"NewHat!" wrote in message

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...talog=7&depa=1

Aspire X-Dreamer II- Mid-Tower, Steel (also available in aluminum), 350W,
Fans: 1 front, 2 rear, 1 side, 1 top.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...=BROWSE&depa=1

Antec Solution Series- Mid-Tower, 350W (says "Smart Power", whatever that
is), 2 120mm fans (front, rear).

Which would be better for overclocking? Thanks.

Just an FYI - This Antec case only comes with (1) 120mm fan in the back the
front 120 is optional...You need to add it yourself. Great case...I own one.