onboard sound

Old May 1st 06, 08:55 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

Default onboard sound

i have an asrock p4vm800 motherboard with onboard sound,but when i put my sb
audigy ls sound card in the onboard stops ,can this be rectified,as i need
both?. thanks
Old May 1st 06, 09:05 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

"toni1" u21408@uwe wrote in message news:5f9d33654e1dd@uwe...
i have an asrock p4vm800 motherboard with onboard sound,but when i put my
sb
audigy ls sound card in the onboard stops ,can this be rectified,as i need
both?. thanks

Sorry, but sadly, you can`t have both.
Personally, I`d rather have my x-fi.

Old May 1st 06, 09:07 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

toni1 wrote:
i have an asrock p4vm800 motherboard with onboard sound,but when i put my sb
audigy ls sound card in the onboard stops ,can this be rectified,as i need
both?. thanks

Try connecting the line out of the card into the line in of the onboard.

Works with my external USB sound card.

--
Sue
Old May 1st 06, 09:10 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

"beenthere" wrote in message

"toni1" u21408@uwe wrote in message news:5f9d33654e1dd@uwe...
i have an asrock p4vm800 motherboard with onboard sound,but when i put my
sb
audigy ls sound card in the onboard stops ,can this be rectified,as i
need
both?. thanks

Sorry, but sadly, you can`t have both.
Personally, I`d rather have my x-fi.

No kidding. If you just need two audio outputs, you can get a "Y" splitter
for the audigy (stereo, male, to 2 female), at Radio Shack or maybe even
Wal-Mart. It won't be very expensive. -Dave

Old May 1st 06, 09:45 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

"Mike T." wrote in message
reenews.net...

"beenthere" wrote in message

"toni1" u21408@uwe wrote in message news:5f9d33654e1dd@uwe...
i have an asrock p4vm800 motherboard with onboard sound,but when i put my
sb
audigy ls sound card in the onboard stops ,can this be rectified,as i
need
both?. thanks

Sorry, but sadly, you can`t have both.
Personally, I`d rather have my x-fi.

No kidding. If you just need two audio outputs, you can get a "Y"
splitter for the audigy (stereo, male, to 2 female), at Radio Shack or
maybe even Wal-Mart. It won't be very expensive. -Dave

I think Mike, that he wants to use Both cards at once.
In the BIOS, he`ll have a choice of onboard, or not.

Old May 1st 06, 09:47 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

"Palindr?me" wrote in message
toni1 wrote:
i have an asrock p4vm800 motherboard with onboard sound,but when i put my
sb
audigy ls sound card in the onboard stops ,can this be rectified,as i
need
both?. thanks

Try connecting the line out of the card into the line in of the onboard.

Works with my external USB sound card.

He wants to use Both lines out

Old May 1st 06, 09:53 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

beenthere wrote:
"Palindr?me" wrote in message

toni1 wrote:

i have an asrock p4vm800 motherboard with onboard sound,but when i put my
sb
audigy ls sound card in the onboard stops ,can this be rectified,as i
need
both?. thanks

Try connecting the line out of the card into the line in of the onboard.

Works with my external USB sound card.

He wants to use Both lines out

Not a problem, the line out from the card can be Tee'd off, as well as
being available at the mixer of the onboard.

--
Sue
Old May 2nd 06, 12:11 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

You CANNOT use both onboard audio and a soundcard at the same time due to
resource conflicts. Not possible.

--
DaveW

----------------

Old May 2nd 06, 12:21 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

DaveW wrote:
You CANNOT use both onboard audio and a soundcard at the same time due to
resource conflicts. Not possible.

It does depend on what you mean by "use".

On my system, the onboard analogue amplifier/mixer still works. The
controls, for both, still work. I can record on the onboard system,
whilst using the other for output. YMMV.

What cannot easily be done is to use the sound synthesis facilities of
both, concurrently.

--
Sue

Old May 2nd 06, 12:44 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

On Mon, 1 May 2006 16:11:03 -0700, "DaveW" wrote:

You CANNOT use both onboard audio and a soundcard at the same time due to
resource conflicts. Not possible.

Bull. I did it all the time on my previous system. I used an sb-live
for mp3 and other playback while using my ac97 for system sound.
That's the great thing about the apic; you have many more resources
than you used to.