New PC - thoughts?

Old July 16th 05, 08:19 PM
LD

Default New PC - thoughts?

I am looking to build a new PC - considered the below components:

Antec Performance TX TX640B
ASUS A8N-SLI mainboard
ASUS Extreme N6600GT/TD
Athlon 64 3000+ Venice

I like the case, from what I have read about it.
Any thoughts on the other components?

I have 1 GB Ram, PC2700 I think,
and an UDMA HD which I will be using in the new system.

Old July 17th 05, 01:05 PM

On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 21:19:13 +0200, "LD"
wrote:

I am looking to build a new PC - considered the below components:

Antec Performance TX TX640B
ASUS A8N-SLI mainboard
ASUS Extreme N6600GT/TD
Athlon 64 3000+ Venice

I like the case, from what I have read about it.
Any thoughts on the other components?

I have 1 GB Ram, PC2700 I think,
and an UDMA HD which I will be using in the new system.

Seems OK to me except for the memory. Usually you use 3200 mem for a
Athlon 3000 . Thats what I have the 3000 though Im waiting for my 3200
754 socket too. 3200 mem should be close in price to 2700 in the US
though it looks like you are posting from outside the US.

Old July 17th 05, 01:09 PM
Cuzman

LD wrote:

" I have 1 GB Ram, PC2700 I think, and an UDMA HD which I will be using
in the new system. "

You'll be denying yourself the full memory bandwidth from the CPU if you
use PC2700. eBay it, and buy some PC3200.

Old July 17th 05, 07:22 PM
CFran

yeah me too I would take some PC3200.

if i was you, well, seems that you have quite a big budget, i would
take at least a 250GB drive, SATA of course, and an Hitachi/Western
Digital/Maxtor, but well if you wanna keep ur UDMA HD.... and um.. i'd
take a DVD burner combo thing, surely a Samsung.