Print collection of photos on one page

Old June 20th 05, 05:38 AM
_RR

Default Print collection of photos on one page

Does anyone know of a good program for assembling a lot of smaller
photos for printout on 8x10 photo paper? The objective is to print a
collection of photos to be cut into wallet-sized pictures.

Old June 20th 05, 05:43 AM
Bob Headrick

"_RR" wrote in message
news
Does anyone know of a good program for assembling a lot of smaller
photos for printout on 8x10 photo paper? The objective is to print a
collection of photos to be cut into wallet-sized pictures.

I use Photo Paper Saver which will do just what you are looking for. There is
a trial version that will only print two pages at a time or it was about $20
for the registered version. My only interest in them is as a satisfied
customer. See: http://www.fpdoctor.com/pps/main/main-j-0-0.html

Regards,
Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/Imaging

Old June 20th 05, 05:53 AM
Stanley Krute

I use Qimage for this and all other printing chores.
Deep excellence. Costs about $50.

Old June 20th 05, 10:10 AM
zakezuke

Does anyone know of a good program for assembling a lot of smaller
photos for printout on 8x10 photo paper?

I saw earlier you had a canon ip4000. Easy Photo Print supports this.
On image selection you have to click the up arrow 9 times (or however
many per page you want). The final stage layout and print you can
select wallet. Very easy and free, but it only will print to other
"canon" printers. It doesn't list 8x10 but I'm pretty sure that can be
added as a paper type.

Old June 20th 05, 12:47 PM
_RR

On 20 Jun 2005 02:10:45 -0700, "zakezuke"
wrote:

Does anyone know of a good program for assembling a lot of smaller
photos for printout on 8x10 photo paper?

I saw earlier you had a canon ip4000. Easy Photo Print supports this.

I didn't know it was included. I got the ip4000 recently and haven't
got around to unpacking it yet.

On image selection you have to click the up arrow 9 times (or however
many per page you want). The final stage layout and print you can
select wallet. Very easy and free, but it only will print to other
"canon" printers. It doesn't list 8x10 but I'm pretty sure that can be
added as a paper type.

Thanks, zz.

Old June 20th 05, 01:41 PM
Taliesyn

_RR wrote:
Does anyone know of a good program for assembling a lot of smaller
photos for printout on 8x10 photo paper? The objective is to print a
collection of photos to be cut into wallet-sized pictures.

Any desktop publishing program will do this with reckless abandon. Of
course, not everyone has one. I do as I like to make greeting cards, CD
liners and labels, booklets - anything you can think of!

I use the wonderful Serif PagePlus, for example. Just click "insert",
"picture", from "file" and place on your 8x10 page (I created one). I
had 4 pictures thrown on my page and aligned in 15 seconds. PagePlus can
align them 10 different ways (vertically and horizontally).

-Taliesyn
Old June 20th 05, 04:29 PM
Don Phillipson

"_RR" wrote in message
news
Does anyone know of a good program for assembling a lot of smaller
photos for printout on 8x10 photo paper? The objective is to print a
collection of photos to be cut into wallet-sized pictures.

IRFANVIEW free from www.irfanview.com
lets you (1) create a page of thumbnails to
your specifications, (2) print the page.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Old June 20th 05, 06:24 PM
Mickey

wrote:

Does anyone know of a good program for assembling a lot of smaller
photos for printout on 8x10 photo paper?

I saw earlier you had a canon ip4000. Easy Photo Print supports this.

I didn't know it was included. I got the ip4000 recently and haven't
got around to unpacking it yet.

On image selection you have to click the up arrow 9 times (or however
many per page you want). The final stage layout and print you can
select wallet. Very easy and free, but it only will print to other
"canon" printers. It doesn't list 8x10 but I'm pretty sure that can be
added as a paper type.

Thanks, zz.

The latest version is 3.0. I've just started using this prgm and I'm
very pleased with it. Has a few editing features and if that's all
that is needed this is a very nice program.

The prgm uses a tab'd interface. First tab is select photo's & how
many copies of each. Second tab is select size and type paper. Last
tab is select how many images per sheet and with/without boarder. From
this last tab you can access the few editing features the prgm has.
deffiently look/use the trim feature as you can position the print on
the whole image and can resize. Lastly hit the print button and wait
for the prints to pop out.

For full size paper there are 16 arrangement selections. For wallet
size you get 9 photo's a page.

I'm quite pleased with the color and exposure this program provides.
I guess it does well because it is optimized for a known (canon)
printer and takes advantage of all it's ability.

Give it a try and if you don't have latest version, get over the the
canon site and Dl it.

Mickey
Old June 20th 05, 07:22 PM
CWatters

"_RR" wrote in message
news
Does anyone know of a good program for assembling a lot of smaller
photos for printout on 8x10 photo paper? The objective is to print a
collection of photos to be cut into wallet-sized pictures.

WindowsXP can do this.

Select lots of photos.
Right click and select Print
Follow the wizard.