DJ7150 / 5550 carriage contact problem

Old January 6th 04, 12:57 AM
Smith

Default DJ7150 / 5550 carriage contact problem

Seems there is a problem with the cartridge retaining mechanism on the 7150
/ 5550 printers after going thru' 3 printers 2 7150's and a 5550 the problem
persists.
If the #56 or the #57 catrs are inserted gently and latched properly the
sceanrio is the cartridge(s) are either faulty ie the carriage parks at the
BAD position with printer lid up OR are accepted but the 4 3 tap test shows
missing nozzles ((
IF when inserting the #56 or #57 you apply firm pressure so the contacts
are made firmly ie push the cart. against the cradle firmly and then close
the latch all is well
Seems to be an inherent design problem here
Compared with the 9XX series printers the latching contact method is FAR
more Reliable.

Great printers the 7150 and 5550 but something is wrong here. hope the top
of the range PhotoSmarts don't behave this way.

Old January 6th 04, 01:24 AM
xNokia3390x

"Smith" wrote in message
Seems there is a problem with the cartridge retaining mechanism on the

7150
/ 5550 printers after going thru' 3 printers 2 7150's and a 5550 the

problem

I haven't had a problem with my Photosmart 7350, nor has my friend had a
problem with her PS7350 either. I've had it for about a year and regularly
switch between the #56 and #58 cartridge - haven't had a problem yet.

Old January 6th 04, 02:51 AM
Smith

"xNokia3390x" wrote in message
"Smith" wrote in message
Seems there is a problem with the cartridge retaining mechanism on the

7150
/ 5550 printers after going thru' 3 printers 2 7150's and a 5550 the

problem

I haven't had a problem with my Photosmart 7350, nor has my friend had a
problem with her PS7350 either. I've had it for about a year and

regularly
switch between the #56 and #58 cartridge - haven't had a problem yet.

Ok thanks for the reply
The Dealer has now idea whats up, could be grey market printers that he is
selling and he is not saying, most grey market printers are boxed and
originate from India (but not made there) these printers I have been
supplied with are all Malaysia manufacture and yes prices are the lowest you
can get here in Melbourne .. Heck if I was to buy the 7690 PhotoSmart would
have to be from a reputable source ;-)
Still the 7150 prints really impressively

Old January 6th 04, 03:04 AM
Smith

"Smith" wrote in message
Seems there is a problem with the cartridge retaining mechanism on the

7150
/ 5550 printers after going thru' 3 printers 2 7150's and a 5550 the

problem

I haven't had a problem with my Photosmart 7350, nor has my friend had a
problem with her PS7350 either. I've had it for about a year and

regularly
switch between the #56 and #58 cartridge - haven't had a problem yet.

I just tried again to replace the #56 with the #58 to print Photos and
casual insertion gave a bad cartridge However reinsertion with more pressure
against the contacts of the carriage gave the desired effect ie the #58 was
fine and its doing a print now of a Australian Rainbow LorriKeet bird ;-)
btw the 5650 driver works with older PhotoSmarts and has enhancements
using it now

Old January 6th 04, 04:20 AM
xNokia3390x

"Smith" wrote in message
The Dealer has now idea whats up, could be grey market printers that he is
selling and he is not saying, most grey market printers are boxed and

Yikes... I buy all my printers from Costco or from a reputable retailer.

Old January 6th 04, 04:22 AM
xNokia3390x

"Smith" wrote in message
btw the 5650 driver works with older PhotoSmarts and has enhancements
using it now

What kind of enhancements? You're making me curious =D. Hopefully your
printers are still working fine. I'm consistently impressed with my PS7350,
and have recently gotten the new 11.5mil HP Premium Plus paper. Can't wait
to try it!

Old January 6th 04, 04:38 AM
Smith

"Smith" wrote in message
btw the 5650 driver works with older PhotoSmarts and has enhancements
using it now

What kind of enhancements? You're making me curious =D.

More page printinting options and more color control

The driver is 28Meg D/l

Old January 6th 04, 07:14 AM
xNokia3390x

"Smith" wrote in message
More page printinting options and more color control

The driver is 28Meg D/l

Would I be able to print borderless 8x10's with that driver? How has it
been for you so far? And I have a cable modem so 28mb won't be a problem

Old January 6th 04, 09:30 PM
Smith

The so called borderless is on A4 is 3mm on three edges and 10mm on the
trailing edge
4 X 6 is fine
It appears then that you need the latest PhotoSmart printers is 5150 and
7260 to get true A4 borderless.
Otherwise the driver is fine.

Unusual DVD-rom problem Sizif General 0 July 7th 04 03:25 PM
This problem has baffled everyone... Nick G General 46 May 22nd 04 04:01 AM
Sound card problem Phileas General 10 May 9th 04 10:55 PM
Problem with freezing mouse, Windows Explorer Jon Davis General 3 April 3rd 04 04:06 AM
Freezing, lock up, unresponsive problem. James General 5 September 5th 03 02:54 PM