speakers/sound

Old August 6th 03, 08:46 PM
Phil Thompson

Default speakers/sound

i'm running a 128Mb, 19Gb RAM PC running Windows 98 second edition.
my speakers which are Active 85N (integrated amplifier and speaker system)
have suddenly stopped working no cables have fallen out in the back of the
speakers or PC. It must be a probelm with the actual speakers but i don't
know what, i have no idea how to take these bad boys apart. any ideas how to
fix this?

Phil

Old August 6th 03, 09:11 PM
Girgath

there are a lot of possible places this problem could have started.
a) inside the computer where your sound card goes into the motherboard.
b) your sound port could have broke
c) your sound card may have broke
d) your speaker plug (the one into the back of the tower) may have broke.
e) the wire into your speakers may have broke
f) your speakers may have broke.

I suggest trying a new set of speakers, or even headphones (if you have the
right jack) in your computer, if you get sound through those it is your
speakers.
I await your reply
Girgath

Old August 6th 03, 11:19 PM
Phil Thompson

okay i've checked inside the computer its okay..unless the soundcard has
died (i wouldn't know) all wires are inserted correctly and don't appear to
be damaged.
Upon testing the headphones they don't give out any sound either.
strange? I was listening to a cd the other day on my PC and i didn't really
notice the sound stopping when it did but i after a while i noticed it there
was no sound!

. ca...