Terrible nightmare last night.

Old March 8th 08, 12:27 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.design
Skybuck Flying

Default Terrible nightmare last night.

I dreamed my computer didn't turn on anymore.

Probably the powerbox was kaputt.

I couldn't get it working no more... I was deep in stress.

I was afraid the harddisks would get damaged, because of people or so moving
the dead pc ?

(Neighbours were making terrible noise as well, *real*)

What do you think it all means ?

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old March 8th 08, 12:30 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.design
Skybuck Flying

Hmm, I have decided to burn my first (?) dvd with my most important data on
it... (data backup)

Just in case.

Bye,
Skybuck.

.home.nl...

Old March 8th 08, 12:34 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.design
Skybuck Flying

Hmmm yes I always run into all kinds of software problems, I have come to
expect it.

1. Winzip's evaluation period has expired, I knew that but:

2. Windows XP X64's "Send To Zip Folder" feature is limited to 32 bits it
seems, it can't handle 4 GB files.

Kinda ****y.

I do wanna compress my file disk images, from 5 GB to something more
acceptable.

Not sure how much space is on DVD... but there is lots of unused space in
5GB file so it will compress good.

I guess I have no choice but to use WinRar instead which is a less well
known compression tool (?!)

Oh well.

Old March 8th 08, 12:37 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.design
Skybuck Flying

Hmm strangely enough I can't unmount the filediskimages with the unmount
batch file...

Hmmm I guess I will have to exclude the mount batch from startup and reboot
without the file disk images and then I will try

"Send To Folder" one more time which will probably not work.

Yeah... files were in used WinRar said.

I will use WinRar anyway... because Microsoft's Software has the habit to
keep throwing all kinds of suprises(=bugs) into my face

Old March 8th 08, 12:47 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.design
PeterD

On Sat, 8 Mar 2008 13:27:43 +0100, "Skybuck Flying"
wrote:

I dreamed my computer didn't turn on anymore.

Probably the powerbox was kaputt.

I couldn't get it working no more... I was deep in stress.

I was afraid the harddisks would get damaged, because of people or so moving
the dead pc ?

(Neighbours were making terrible noise as well, *real*)

What do you think it all means ?

It means you need to stop drinking that cheap wine before going to
bed...
Old March 8th 08, 01:36 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.design
Jan Alter

wrote:

I dreamed my computer didn't turn on anymore.

Probably the powerbox was kaputt.

I couldn't get it working no more... I was deep in stress.

I was afraid the harddisks would get damaged, because of people or so
moving
the dead pc ?

(Neighbours were making terrible noise as well, *real*)

What do you think it all means ?

It means you need to stop drinking that cheap wine before going to
bed...

It means that you need to put up the extra cash and use a dual layer dvd for
burning that big file so you don't have to use those 'exotic' (sic)
compression programs so you can feel reassured that your file is secure as a
zip.

(lol)
--
Jan Alter

or

Old March 8th 08, 02:24 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.design
SteveH[_2_]

Skybuck Flying wrote:
I dreamed my computer didn't turn on anymore.

I *dream* of your computer not turning on anymore.

Probably the powerbox was kaputt.

I couldn't get it working no more... I was deep in stress.

I was afraid the harddisks would get damaged, because of people or so
moving the dead pc ?

(Neighbours were making terrible noise as well, *real*)

What do you think it all means ?

That you're still taking way too much acid.

SteveH

Old March 8th 08, 02:25 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.design
SteveH[_2_]

wrote:

I dreamed my computer didn't turn on anymore.

Probably the powerbox was kaputt.

I couldn't get it working no more... I was deep in stress.

I was afraid the harddisks would get damaged, because of people or
so moving
the dead pc ?

(Neighbours were making terrible noise as well, *real*)

What do you think it all means ?

It means you need to stop drinking that cheap wine before going to
bed...

It means that you need to put up the extra cash and use a dual layer
dvd for burning that big file so you don't have to use those 'exotic'
(sic) compression programs so you can feel reassured that your file
is secure as a zip.

(lol)

Or he could just learn about disk imaging programs.

SteveH

Old March 8th 08, 02:26 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.design
SteveH[_2_]

You really are a know-nothing ****, ain't ya?

Old March 8th 08, 05:37 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.design
[email protected]

In sci.electronics.design Skybuck Flying wrote:
I dreamed my computer didn't turn on anymore.
Probably the powerbox was kaputt.
I couldn't get it working no more... I was deep in stress.
I was afraid the harddisks would get damaged, because of people or so moving
the dead pc ?
(Neighbours were making terrible noise as well, *real*)
What do you think it all means ?

Make backup.
Use a reliable OS like FreeBSD. Where compression schemes won't fail on you.