A8V Deluxe sometime slow boot up

Old December 23rd 04, 02:18 PM
KS

Default A8V Deluxe sometime slow boot up

Just installed.
Asus A8V Deluxe/WIFI-G 939 socket which is sometimes very slow at booting.
It gives me the standard black/and white bootup window where you can press
delete to enter bios. It sits there for a long time until it goes on and
displayes harddrives and then start win2000. The bios setting is set to 10%
overklokking. The system is stable in games and gives me just above 6000 in
3dmark05.

My settup is.
Windows 2000 with latest service pack.
Bios versjon 1007
CPU: AMD 3000+ winchester( 90nm)
Primary Harddrive: WD Raptor SATA 80 GB 10000rpm
Secondary Harddrive: Seagate 133 utrla ata IDE 120 GB 7500 rpm
Memory: 4*512 mb Corsair TWINX1024-3200XL DDR-DIMM
DVD player: Plextor DVD-spiller IDE 16x/48x
Case with 350W powersupply:Antec SLK3700BQE
GPU:Sapphira Ati Readon x800XT vivo

Old December 25th 04, 08:14 AM
Frank

"KS" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Just installed.
Asus A8V Deluxe/WIFI-G 939 socket which is sometimes very slow at booting.
It gives me the standard black/and white bootup window where you can press
delete to enter bios. It sits there for a long time until it goes on and
displayes harddrives and then start win2000. The bios setting is set to
10%
overklokking. The system is stable in games and gives me just above 6000
in
3dmark05.

Seems tome like a hdd problem. The SATA drive is conected to which Sata
port?

Have removed the 10% overclocking and tested booting again?

My settup is.
Windows 2000 with latest service pack.
Bios versjon 1007
CPU: AMD 3000+ winchester( 90nm)
Primary Harddrive: WD Raptor SATA 80 GB 10000rpm
Secondary Harddrive: Seagate 133 utrla ata IDE 120 GB 7500 rpm
Memory: 4*512 mb Corsair TWINX1024-3200XL DDR-DIMM
DVD player: Plextor DVD-spiller IDE 16x/48x
Case with 350W powersupply:Antec SLK3700BQE
GPU:Sapphira Ati Readon x800XT vivo

Donīt get me wrong Win2000 and a XT does that compute in games? I thought
for W2K as a fairly good working OS, but not beeing perfect for games.
Reading your specs again: Try that: Remove 2 of the RAM modules and retry.
Sometimes a board has a hard time recognizing the ram correctly if all slots
a re filled.
Have you ran ramtest to see if all ram is working?

Bios is Version 1009.006 at this time, of course beta status.

Frank

Old December 29th 04, 12:52 PM
KS

Thanx for respond.
For some reason the boot up is not slow anymore. Dont know why. I now have a
hard time with the wireless adapter which come with my asus a8v deluxe
motherboard. What kind for wireless modell is this, so I can download the
newest driver. The SATA Raptor disk is connected to my 1first sata on the
motherboard. It says so in the manuall.
Im running bios 1007 but not sure if I should mees/upgrade with something
that is working? What are the fix in newest bios version and have anyone
tried it?
W2K and gaming with XT is not a problem so far. Run like doom3 and halflife2
and farcry in 1280*1024 with max detail , Anti Aliasing & Anisotropic
filtering without any performance loss
Should Windows XP be a better option than W2K?
KS