multi sessions / audioCD / nero

Old November 11th 04, 12:28 AM
Eddy Long

Default multi sessions / audioCD / nero

Is there any way to add more files to an audio CD after you have created one
session.

For example:

I have burned:

clapton_1
clapton_2
clapton_3

on a CD-R
using Nero Express 6.0.0

using ---Create Audio CD
--dragging the files onto the interface
---and burning.

I save and eject disc and it is able to read and play those files.

Next day, I want to add five more Jimmy Page files to that CD.

When I insert the CD and try dragging the files onto the interface, I get a
prompt that the CD cannot be written to.

Many thanks for any assistance is adding audio files during different
session.

Best...
E.

Old November 11th 04, 03:00 AM
smh

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...mindspring.com

( No Pipsqueaks have been able to prove ANY of the above is a LIBEL )
( -- despite Mikey claimed to have proof of misquotes !! )

Eddy Long wrote:

Is there any way to add more files to an audio CD after you have created one
session.

For example:

I have burned:

clapton_1
clapton_2
clapton_3

on a CD-R
using Nero Express 6.0.0

using ---Create Audio CD
--dragging the files onto the interface
---and burning.

I save and eject disc and it is able to read and play those files.

Next day, I want to add five more Jimmy Page files to that CD.

When I insert the CD and try dragging the files onto the interface, I get a
prompt that the CD cannot be written to.

Not with Nero Express - it burns audio with Finalize Disc. The disc is
closed. In Nero Express click More button at bottom when you are ready
to burn with "Burn" button showing up at bottom. Note that "Finalize
Disc" is checked and greyed out.

For what you want to do you need main/regular Nero. You can uncheck
"Finalize Disc".
Old November 11th 04, 04:04 AM
smh

--------------------------------------

Eddy Long wrote:

[...]

What you can do is hold off burning until you collected all the audio
and data you want to burn. Then choose "Audio and Data" in Music CD.
This also Finalize Disc.
Old November 11th 04, 06:21 AM
Mike Richter

Eddy Long wrote:
Is there any way to add more files to an audio CD after you have created one
session.

For example:

I have burned:

clapton_1
clapton_2
clapton_3

on a CD-R
using Nero Express 6.0.0

using ---Create Audio CD
--dragging the files onto the interface
---and burning.

I save and eject disc and it is able to read and play those files.

Next day, I want to add five more Jimmy Page files to that CD.

When I insert the CD and try dragging the files onto the interface, I get a
prompt that the CD cannot be written to.

Many thanks for any assistance is adding audio files during different
session.

Please see one of the usual references on audio recording and
multisession: the CD-R FAQ or the primer at my WWW site.

Briefly:

Most mastering software will not let you write multisession audio for a
very simple reason: regular audio players are single-session and will
ignore any session after the first.

Such incremental writing does not work for CD-DA. You can do it with
MP3s, but again need a non-standard player. You can do it by erasing an
erasable disc and rewriting it. There are other special cases. But you
cannot do it as you wish in general.

Mike
--

http://www.mrichter.com/

Old November 11th 04, 07:33 AM
smh

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

Mike Richter (Slimy Friggin SOB) spewed:

Please see one of the usual references on... multisession:
the primer at my WWW site.

Know about multisession, Friggin Freak?

======================
From: Mike Richter (Friggin ****)
Subject: mode 1 and mode 2/xa

Mode 1 was the original format for data recording and
did not support multisession.
======================

(Incat Systems, 1994)
Multisession discs are recorded according to the Orange Book Part II
standard, which states that they can be written in either the CD-ROM
or CD-ROM XA physical format. It does not matter which; theoretically,
you could even mix the two formats on one disc.

-------------------------
What a Slimy Friggin SOB!
-------------------------

--------------------------------------
Old November 11th 04, 07:35 AM
smh

=====================
From: Mike Richter
Subject: Why can't i make a mixed-mode CD?
Date: 5/12/01

Mixed Mode is multisession by definition. === MULTI

=====================
From: Mike Richter
Date: 5/17/01

I learned from previous discussion here that
I was in error === SINGLE

=====================
From: Mike Richter
Subject: Audio and Data files on same CD
Date: 1/18/04

A Mixed Mode disc will
not play in a conventional audio CD machine;
in a modern CD-ROM, it will play only the audio === MULTI !!!

What a Friggin' SOB!

Nero hangs on "checking discs" smh Cdr 1 September 5th 04 04:00 AM
Nero Multi Mount and Windows XP Daniel Prince Cdr 3 June 13th 04 08:20 PM
Nero Multi Mounter for Win ME/2K/XP smh Cdr 2 August 7th 03 06:10 AM
nero would only start in nero express... mark24951 Cdr 1 July 29th 03 04:45 AM
Nero 5.5.10.42 weirdness John Smith Cdr 0 July 25th 03 10:17 PM