Trying to Move Files

Old August 20th 09, 11:46 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
species8350

Default Trying to Move Files

Hi,

I recently burned two directories (simultaneously) from my hard drive
to CD-R using Roxio.

I wanted the two directories to appear separately on the CD-R, but one
directory is a subdirectory of the other. They were originally
completely separate.

I seem to be able to copy the files to a new position, but not move
them.

Can anyone tell me how to move some files to a new directory on a CD-R

Thanks
Old August 22nd 09, 09:33 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
smh

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

species8350 wrote:

Hi,

I recently burned two directories (simultaneously) from my hard drive
to CD-R using Roxio.

I wanted the two directories to appear separately on the CD-R, but one
directory is a subdirectory of the other. They were originally
completely separate.

I seem to be able to copy the files to a new position, but not move
them.

Can anyone tell me how to move some files to a new directory on a CD-R

Thanks

You may not be drag & drop the directories onto the root directory of
bottom compilation window. You may be drag & drop one directory onto the
other directory.

If somehow one directory becomes a subdirectory of the other in the
bottom compilation window, highlight the directory in the left pane of
bottom compilation so that the subdirctory appears in the right pane.
Then drag & drop the subdirectory from the right pane onto the root
directory in the left pane.

The key here is that you need to drag & drop onto the root directory for
the two directories to appear as separate directories. HTH
Old August 22nd 09, 01:18 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
species8350

. * * *--------------------------------------
* * * *--------------------------------------

species8350 wrote:

[...]

the two directories to appear as separate directories. HTH- Hide quoted text -

Thank you.

I will try your suggestions.

Best wishes

Old August 26th 09, 08:43 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
smh

species8350 wrote:
smh wrote:
species8350 wrote:

[...]

Reading my post I made things more complex than what really is by
failing to point out that the root directory is represented by the
volume/disc name. Just make sure the disc/volume name is highlighted,
drag&drop the directories in either the left or right compilation
window.

Suggest you get a CD-RW for testing. After each testing just delete it
and use it again like a new blank disc.