Installation from .iso file

Old May 14th 09, 06:27 PM posted to alt.cd-rom,alt.comp.periphs.cdr
smh

Default Installation from .iso file

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

Dave Cohen wrote:

I have backed up all my install cd's to external drive as .iso. I tried
using a MS program, VCdControlTool.exe to create a virtual drive but
can't get it to work, windows explorer can't find the drive.
Has anyone used this program or know of a similar program that will let
me run the file without burning to a cd.
Dave Cohen

Daemon Tools used to be the virtual/emulation software (even running
copy protected images). Seems it has gone through some major changes
since 9/06, the last time I checkd, now separated into Pro and Lite
versions.

http://www.daemon-tools.cc/eng/home
http://www.daemon-tools.cc/eng/downloads

(CloneCD and Nero also have virtual drives.)
Old May 14th 09, 08:03 PM posted to alt.cd-rom,alt.comp.periphs.cdr,comp.publish.cdrom.software
smh

Default Mike Richter - The Slimiest Lying Friggin SOB (UDF)

.. -------------------------- ------------
Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

The Other Guy (Mikey S-licker) slurped:

AND it's ALL archived, for anyone that is interested in
the steaming pile of dog excrement that's your life.

Is this one archived?

Mike Richter - The Slimiest Lying Friggin SOB (UDF)

Mike Richter has been for YEARS blaming the UDF -- to weasel out
the bugs of DirectCD:

Packet writing is the same as UDF

UDF is a fragile format
UDF is an unreliable format
There is an inherent problem in UDF

the format is very fragile and unreliable
The format is bad - it loses data

But then again:

======================
From: Mike Richter
Date: 5/4/06
Subject: UDF Has just bit me in the bum

I have used UDF for many years, but yesterday I had my first
corruption. I am now wondering whether to bother with UDF

your problem is not with UDF
'

Wow! What a Slimy Friggin SOB!

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
(Mike Richter, Any Material Connection w/ Roxio?)