Shortened 9800GT "Green Edition"

Old March 2nd 09, 11:32 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Tom E

Default Shortened 9800GT "Green Edition"

"First of One" wrote in message
???

"Ten Pin Bowling" wrote in message
doesn't that word GOTTEN rub you up the wrong way...........

in the web description.....not you.

Old March 6th 09, 06:31 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
David[_17_]

On Sun, 1 Mar 2009 18:25:08 -0800, Bill
typed furiously:

In article QJDql.15641$PH1.142@edtnps82, says...

"a1pcfixer" wrote in message
In article HLzql.15604$PH1.6507@edtnps82, Augustus wrote:
The distance from the end of the of PCIe connector to the end of
the PCB is a LOT less than on a reference 88xxx, 96xx or 98xx card.

I sure hope so, because I'll rush out & fetch one these if true, when
available.

If you think the 98xx series is long, try fitting one of the GTX 260/280/295
series. I wound up using the Dremel tool to make room in my Antec 180 case
which had an 8800GT in it. They are stupidly large. I don't know what case
fits these brutes if you're using all the SATA drive bays.

A case that would handle an Extended ATX motherboard would probably
work.

I can remember that in the eighties the speaker on the front of the
case had guides for the long cards to stop them swaying in the breeze.
One card I had was actually two cards, occupying two ISA slots and
connected by bridging connectors at various points. I seem to
recollect it was a video card with a whopping 1 MB of RAM on it.
--
Regards
David
Old March 7th 09, 01:23 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Phil Weldon[_2_]

doesn't that word GOTTEN rub you up the wrong way...........
_____

I guess it just depends on whether you expect British English or American
English (for which "have gotten" = "have obtained".)

Phil Weldon

"Ten Pin Bowling" wrote in message

"First of One" wrote in message
http://vr-zone.com/articles/geforce-...eded/6643.html

Card is really short and has no external power connector. Wonder if we'll
see a passively cooled version by one of the board vendors?

doesn't that word GOTTEN rub you up the wrong way...........

Old March 14th 09, 04:44 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
a1pcfixer

First,

Shortened 9800GT "Green Edition"

Anybody seen these for sale anywhere yet?

Jim L.

Old March 17th 09, 10:49 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
First of One[_2_]

Nope. The "Green Edition" or "Eco Edition" is just being announced by board
vendors now.

In the meantime, Sparkle has a low-profile version available. Sparkle
avoided the need for a ribbon cable by using an HDMI port in lieu of the
wider DVI port.

First,

Old March 19th 09, 12:45 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
a1pcfixer

First,

Nope. The "Green Edition" or "Eco Edition" is just being announced by board
vendors now.

I only found one;

Zotac has introduced the GeForce 9800 GT Eco graphics card......

Http://www.dvhardware.net/article34075.html

I'm preferring XFX, if/when theirs comes out!

Jim L.

Old April 24th 09, 07:30 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
a1pcfixer

First,

http://vr-zone.com/articles/geforce-...eded/6643.html

Card is really short and has no external power connector. Wonder if we'll
see a passively cooled version by one of the board vendors?

Anybody seen one of these actually available for sale to USA?????

Jim L.

Old May 3rd 09, 06:33 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
First of One[_2_]

At this point, with multiple brands of HD4770 available at Newegg for $100,
it doesn't really matter any more.

First,

Old May 3rd 09, 10:44 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
a1pcfixer

First,

HD4770

A sub-standard Radon card???....petwey!

Old May 4th 09, 04:57 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
First of One[_2_]

AMD took the time to do a die shrink to 40nm, so the card actually draws
less power. nVidia just renames its old cards "Green Edition" and hopes the
public doesn't catch on...