Haswell + DDR4

Old May 26th 13, 05:29 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Geoff

Default Haswell + DDR4

Any performance boost over Ivy Bridge + DDR3 to make one say, 'WOW!'?

.... or

Will one say, 'Ya well, ho-hum, at least I got the latest stuff'.

Old May 26th 13, 06:32 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

On Sun, 26 May 2013 12:29:56 -0400, "geoff" wrote:

Any performance boost over Ivy Bridge + DDR3 to make one say, 'WOW!'?

... or

Will one say, 'Ya well, ho-hum, at least I got the latest stuff'.

A measure of memory benchmarks...typically not or at least I'm used to
seeing 10% leeways, give or take, short of running so far out of specs
need a smoke stack routed out the wall.
Old May 26th 13, 07:33 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

On Sun, 26 May 2013 14:13:56 -0400, Paul wrote:

"The Japanese government stepped in to help the firm in 2009
and made Elpida the first company to trouser cash from a
government financial aid programme."

That's why the business isn't a level playing field, and
why there are more companies present in the business,
than the economics can justify. Tinkering, does that.

Got me one of those -
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BAOFENG-UV-5...e m3ccd649b12

courtesy of the chinese gov putting out of biz the jap $200
counterparts.

hey - worked on a $50 dc-to-light Kaito SSB, so i went back for some
more
Old May 26th 13, 09:46 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
David[_26_]

At Sun, 26 May 2013 14:33:29 -0400, Flasherly rearranged some electrons to
write:

On Sun, 26 May 2013 14:13:56 -0400, Paul wrote:

"The Japanese government stepped in to help the firm in 2009
and made Elpida the first company to trouser cash from a government
financial aid programme."

That's why the business isn't a level playing field, and why there are
more companies present in the business, than the economics can justify.
Tinkering, does that.

Got me one of those -
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BAOFENG-UV-5...Dual-Band-U-V-

Radio-136-174-400-520Mhz-handheld-UV5R-/261143960338?
pt=US_Ham_Radio_Transceivers&hash=item3ccd649b12

courtesy of the chinese gov putting out of biz the jap $200
counterparts.

hey - worked on a $50 dc-to-light Kaito SSB, so i went back for some
more

I have a UV3R (Yaesu VX-3 clone) that is currently out on loan with a new
ham. I also picked up a UV5R for $40 a few months ago. I also have some
'real' radios, these two are just for backup. They both work fine for
$40 radios, and if I accidentally drop one in the toilet, it's not the
end of the world.
Old May 26th 13, 11:26 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

On Sun, 26 May 2013 20:46:56 +0000 (UTC), David
wrote:

I have a UV3R (Yaesu VX-3 clone) that is currently out on loan with a new
ham. I also picked up a UV5R for $40 a few months ago. I also have some
'real' radios, these two are just for backup. They both work fine for
$40 radios, and if I accidentally drop one in the toilet, it's not the
end of the world.

Also got the programming cable/software interface and a bit longer
antenna. Still in the box. Only radios I've worked with (a lot) were
work related and communications. Also swore I'd never pick one up
again ... oh, well. Couldn't resist.
Old May 27th 13, 11:55 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Mr. Man-wai Chang

On 27/05/2013 12:29 AM, geoff wrote:
Any performance boost over Ivy Bridge + DDR3 to make one say, 'WOW!'?
Will one say, 'Ya well, ho-hum, at least I got the latest stuff'.

Latency should kick in as speed increases...

Better talk about 3-channel or even 4-channel?

--
@~@ Remain silent. Nothing from soldiers and magicians is real!
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and farces be with you!
Old May 30th 13, 07:18 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Red Cloud

Got me one of those -http://www.ebay.com/itm/BAOFENG-UV-5RA-Plus-Dual-Band-U-V-Radio-136-1...

courtesy of the chinese gov putting out of biz the jap $200
counterparts.

hey - worked on a $50 dc-to-light Kaito SSB, so i went back for some
more

What would be the cost produced by Whitetrash or Redneck counterpart?
$1000 or more.

Old May 30th 13, 11:40 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

On Wed, 29 May 2013 23:18:53 -0700 (PDT), Red Cloud
wrote:

What would be the cost produced by Whitetrash or Redneck counterpart?
$1000 or more.

There's no counterpart to the demands of economics after the market
went worldwide with Reagan and Greenspan. And there won't be one
until that same field of wealth distribution is hypothetically level.
If everyone in every nation makes the same money for labor/costs then
there's no economic cost advantage for anyone particularly to build
something cheaper. Someone in Hong Kong that then buys a product from
Oklahoma, say made by one your grandchildren, would be more likely to
do it for less of a reason than simply money.