Mobile vs Desktop

Old April 6th 13, 08:41 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Geoff

Default Mobile vs Desktop

It seems there's a new round of 'Mobile is King!' and 'The PC is Dead!'
stories in the news:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology...phones-tablets

.. . . but no one will produce a 2013 version of this chart:

http://static8.businessinsider.com/i...eb-23-2012.jpg

.. . . the 2013 charts are mobile to mobile comparisons or desktop to
desktop. After all, when trying to create your own reality, bad charts are
not allowed.

Old April 6th 13, 09:38 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

On Sat, 6 Apr 2013 15:41:26 -0400, "geoff" wrote:

It seems there's a new round of 'Mobile is King!' and 'The PC is Dead!'
stories in the news:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology...phones-tablets

. . . but no one will produce a 2013 version of this chart:

http://static8.businessinsider.com/i...eb-23-2012.jpg

. . . the 2013 charts are mobile to mobile comparisons or desktop to
desktop. After all, when trying to create your own reality, bad charts are
not allowed.

The reality is near to twofold economic outlays for mobile devices to
traditional PCs. Sure everybody still has a PC around, although how
many of them can actually maintain Winderz in a coherent and healthy
mode, much less build a computer and install the OS. That's means
there's going to be a lot of Buddy Buy Rite and Best Buy builds with a
pre-installed OS.

So, up and comes slews of these up $800 7" handheld wonders in the
past couple years. Computers with a phone. Oh, My God, just imagine
such a thing.

Small wonder, yes, after signing up for the low-low rental plan, plus,
only if you act now, having your computer maintained, since you don't
really know a lot about it, what Buddy Buy Rite is going to do to you
for years and years?

Why shouldn't they now be selling boatload's of tons of mobiles fresh
in from China now?

It's a plan, comes with affordable rates and options, so there's
really not that much to having Internet benefits, such as they are,
without the hassle of having to be a "computer genius" or actually
know what the hell you're doing.

That's exactly what someone told me when he asked me to buy him a
computer. I took him to a store, had him pull his credit card and pay
for individual parts, then asked him to sit across from me, at a card
table, while explaining what I was doing during the assembly.

-
[x] click like this here to facebook me for your favorite internet
playboy.
Old April 7th 13, 10:25 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Mr. Man-wai Chang

. . . the 2013 charts are mobile to mobile comparisons or desktop to
desktop. After all, when trying to create your own reality, bad charts
are not allowed.

Gamer desktop PCs are not going away any time soon... they will be more
and more expensive though.

--
@~@ Remain silent. Nothing from soldiers and magicians is real!
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and farces be with you!
Old April 7th 13, 04:30 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Geoff

http://techcrunch.com/2013/03/07/tab...es-page-views/
March 7th, 2013
'Of course both mobile device types [tablets and smartphones] still account
for a fraction of the total share of page views when compared to
desktops/laptops — which accounted for 84 per cent of the page views'