Burning from my PVR

Old November 27th 03, 12:29 AM
Larry B.

Default Burning from my PVR

I need to clear out my PVR and want to record its contents to DVDs.

I have Win98Se and an ATI AIW128. I was told my a Best Buy rep that the card
has to support streaming video in order to do that.

Is that right and will this card support that?? Thanks, Larry

P.S.- I haven't gotten burner yet, either!

Old November 27th 03, 06:25 AM
neopolaris

Larry B. wrote:
I need to clear out my PVR and want to record its contents to DVDs.

I have Win98Se and an ATI AIW128. I was told my a Best Buy rep that
the card has to support streaming video in order to do that.

Is that right and will this card support that?? Thanks, Larry

P.S.- I haven't gotten burner yet, either!

It would probably only burn at SVHS quality if it works at all.

Old November 27th 03, 02:44 PM
J.Clarke

On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 23:29:49 GMT
"Larry B." wrote:

I need to clear out my PVR and want to record its contents to DVDs.

I have Win98Se and an ATI AIW128. I was told my a Best Buy rep that
the card has to support streaming video in order to do that.

Is that right and will this card support that?? Thanks, Larry

P.S.- I haven't gotten burner yet, either!

What kind of PVR do you have? Many can be hacked to allow direct
extraction.

--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)
Old November 27th 03, 04:16 PM
Larry B

"neopolaris" . wrote in message

Larry B. wrote:
I need to clear out my PVR and want to record its contents to

DVDs.

I have Win98Se and an ATI AIW128. I was told my a Best Buy rep

that
the card has to support streaming video in order to do that.

Is that right and will this card support that?? Thanks, Larry

P.S.- I haven't gotten burner yet, either!

It would probably only burn at SVHS quality if it works at all.

Is the quality issue due to the nature of the card itself or the
entire "process"? Are the newer Radeon cards better in that way?

Old November 27th 03, 10:32 PM
neopolaris

Larry B. wrote:
I need to clear out my PVR and want to record its contents to DVDs.

I have Win98Se and an ATI AIW128. I was told my a Best Buy rep that
the card has to support streaming video in order to do that.

Is that right and will this card support that?? Thanks, Larry

P.S.- I haven't gotten burner yet, either!

It would probably only burn at SVHS quality if it works at all.

Is the quality issue due to the nature of the card itself or the
entire "process"? Are the newer Radeon cards better in that way?

No it mostly due to copy-protect type issues.

Old November 28th 03, 04:28 PM
Larry B

"J.Clarke" wrote in message
d...
On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 23:29:49 GMT
"Larry B." wrote:

I need to clear out my PVR and want to record its contents to

DVDs.

I have Win98Se and an ATI AIW128. I was told my a Best Buy rep

that
the card has to support streaming video in order to do that.

Is that right and will this card support that?? Thanks, Larry

P.S.- I haven't gotten burner yet, either!

What kind of PVR do you have? Many can be hacked to allow direct
extraction.

It is a Dish Network 508.

ND-1300A not supporting burning CDs in DMA mode Ville Portti Cdr 0 April 15th 04 02:17 PM
Is my hard drive the source of my CD burning woes? Jonathan King General 4 March 19th 04 01:06 AM
Please Help MP3 Burning Paul Cdr 9 January 8th 04 08:49 PM
Conflict between 2 CD/DVD burning software Rick General 2 January 3rd 04 12:09 AM
MP3s to CD: does "on-the-fly" burning give same audio quality as doing it in 2 steps?!.. Anonymous Joe Cdr 15 October 27th 03 07:55 AM