Possible to burn 2 separate discs at one time?

Old October 31st 03, 07:50 AM
smh

Jerry W Barrington wrote:

smh wrote:

======================================
Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
======================================

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...mindspring.com
(Messages 10, 12 -- 34, 54 -- 69)

a lot of rant snipped

Is this only a rant, not libel?

======================================
Mike Richter is a LIAR (no secret)(ii)
======================================

=====================
From: Mike Richter (Lying Scum)
Subject: Is EZCD As Bad As Some Say?
Date: 9/28/02

When I tested for them, I said "bad" things about it
by reporting bugs.

I make no secret of either my success or my complaints with it.
=====================

Did you, Mikey?

=====================
From: Mike Richter (cRoxio Shill)
Date: (3/18/01)

...Remember that EZ-CD has been out for
short time and very few people have it, and we already heard more than
enough problem reports.

You have heard three sorts of problem reports:

1) Installation troubles
2) Specific inconveniences and stupidities on a relatively minor level
3) Speculative and uninformed general complaints, notably from one troll
who acknowledges that it has never run ECDC.
=====================

Did the above make no secret of this major bug, Mikey?

---------------------
From: Mike Richter (cRoxio Shill)
Subject: Cannot rename file with EZCD 5.01
Date: 4/19/01

It's a major bug, reported to Roxio by the beta team.
---------------------

----------------------------
Mikey, you are a Lying Scum!
----------------------------
Old October 31st 03, 07:05 PM
smh

Jerry W Barrington wrote:

smh wrote:

======================================
Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
======================================

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...mindspring.com
(Messages 10, 12 -- 34, 54 -- 69)

a lot of rant snipped

Is this only a rant, not libel?

====================================
Mike Richter is a LIAR (enhanced-cd)
====================================

======================
From: Mike Richter (Lying Scum)
Subject: EZCD 5.02b Enhanced CD mode
Date: 8/28/01

There is no Enhanced CD Mode
- so, no, people have not used it.
======================

Wonder what's this "Enhanced CD" doing here then?

http://www.roxio.com/en/support/roxi...n_history.html

... When creating an Enhanced CD ...
... while burning an Enhanced CD ...

The above Mikey's statement is the fruit of ITS so-called "research":

======================
From: Mike Richter (cRoxio Shill)
Subject: Mixed Modes - and similar
Date: 5/30/01

After doing the research, I have prepared a page on the combination
modes and posted it in the primer at my site. Though one expert has
reviewed it, I look forward to comments from anyone with experience.
======================

So much for the Mikey's so-called "research" and
so much for the so-called "expert" who reviewed it.

[ Any chance to reveal the identity of this so-called "expert?" ]

----------------------------
Mikey, you are a Slimy Scum!
----------------------------
Old October 31st 03, 10:33 PM
smh

smh wrote:
Jerry W Barrington wrote:

======================================

From: Mike Richter (Lying Scum)
Date: 8/28/01

There is no Enhanced CD Mode
- so, no, people have not used it.
======================

The above definition, or no definition, of Enhanced CD may have
something to do with this Easy CD Cremator 5 bug:

====================
From: steven
Date: 8/29/01

I have created many enhanced CDs this way using version 4
so I don't think it's me.

It seems that version 5's enhanced CD mode doesn't work,
and it won't let you add sessions to an audio CD, so
if I want to create an enhanced CD I'm stuffed!
====================

Old November 1st 03, 09:02 AM
smh

Jerry W Barrington wrote:

smh wrote:

======================================
Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
======================================

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...mindspring.com
(Messages 10, 12 -- 34, 54 -- 69)

a lot of rant snipped

Is this only a rant, not libel?

Mike Richter is a LIAR (cd-extra/sao/tao)(i)

=====================
From: Mike Richter (King Troll)
Subject: Easy CD Creator makes CD-Extra disc
with no track titles
Date: 9/15/01

Bob Jones wrote:

I found out about that and something else when I just burned my
first CD-Extra disc -- the program did not transfer track titles
or publisher or artist information to the disc. I am using the
latest upgrade, v4.05, of Easy CD Creator.

Is there any way to make a CD-Extra disc and get the track
information on it?

If you want to do a true CD Extra, you have to comply with
the rules for CD Extra - which means TAO and no titles.

ECDC and anything else which complies with the standard will
comply with the standard.

I know that's hard to accept, but try - real hard.
=====================

Perhaps, it's Mike Richter who should try - real hard?

http://www.roxio.com/en/common/gloss2.html (link invalid)
http://www.osta.org/technology/cdr.htm#s (same as above)

Session-at-Once is...used for CD Extra.

In Session-at-Once recording, a first session containing
multiple audio tracks is recorded in a single pass, then
the laser is turned off, but the disc is not closed.
Then a second (data) session is written and closed.

----------------------------
Mikey, you are a Lying Scum!
----------------------------
Old November 2nd 03, 01:43 AM
smh

Jerry W Barrington wrote:

smh wrote:

======================================
Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
======================================

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...mindspring.com
(Messages 10, 12 -- 34, 54 -- 69)

a lot of rant snipped

Is this only a rant, not libel?

Mike Richter is a LIAR (cd-extra/single-session)

----------------------
From: Mike Richter (cRoxio Shill)
Subject: CD Extra and Enhanced CD
Date: 9/16/01

There is a specification for CD Extra which defines it
as a single session containing audio tracks followed
by a data *track*.
----------------------

The above Mikey's cockamamie drivel that CD Extra as single session by
specification, no less, is to weasel out the Easy Coaster Creator bug
-- Easy CD CreMator makes CD Extra in single session:

=======================
From: "Brad Knust"
Subject: CD Extra Problem
Date: 3/3/00

I'm running win2k, Easy CD Creator 4.01...
I've been trying to burn a CD Extra disc, and when it's done
(created "successfully", I might add), it's unreadable in my
recorder and cd-rom drive.

=======================
From: Tim Kroesen
Date: 3/3/00

Your printout [CD-R Diagnostic report] clearly indicated that
you did not produce two sessions on the disc...

A CD-Extra contains Two Sessions, the first of which contains
audio and is closed SAO. The Second session has Data...
=======================

Here's what cRoxio itself says about CD Extra in the glossary:

CD Extra
A multisession disc...

----------------------------
Mikey, you are a Lying Scum!
----------------------------
Old November 2nd 03, 07:22 AM
smh

Jerry W Barrington wrote:

smh wrote:

======================================
Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
======================================

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...mindspring.com
(Messages 10, 12 -- 34, 54 -- 69)

a lot of rant snipped

Is this also a rant?

From: smh
Subject: CD-Extra Help
Date: 5/30/03

Mikey sure knows a lot about Enhanced CD and CD Extra. Why Mikey even
points out a mistake in the CD-R Faq:

=====================
From: Mike Richter (Slimy Scum)
Subject: Easy CD Creator makes CD-Extra disc with no track titles
Date: 9/16/01

How do I put audio and data on the same CD?
http://www.cdrfaq.org/faq03.html#S3-14

It happens that the FAQ makes a common mistake in that section,
confusing "Enhanced CD" with its predecessor, "CD Extra"
=====================

CD-R FAQ's supposed *MISTAKE* is taking CD Extra and Enhanced CD
synonymously when they are different in Mikey's cockamamie definitions:

"CD Extra uses a single session"
"If there are two sessions, it is an 'Enhanced CD'"

cRoxio's glossary makes the same common mistake:

CD Extra
A multisession disc...

Enhanced CD
See CD Extra.

But instead of saying cRoxio also makes a common mistake, Mikey said
this:

Roxio's information is correct for CD Extra, but may not cover
the unspecified but more practical "Enhanced CD"

(Previously Mikey said there is no Enhanced CD!)

----------------------------
Mikey, you are a Slimy Scum!
----------------------------
Old November 3rd 03, 08:03 AM
smh

Jerry W Barrington wrote:

smh wrote:

======================================
Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
======================================

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...mindspring.com
(Messages 10, 12 -- 34, 54 -- 69)

a lot of rant snipped

Now that you know about CD-Extra, Enhanced CD and Mixed-Mode, what do
you think of this? Do you recognize a poppycock?

======================
From: Mike Richter (Lying Scum)
Date: 10/6/01

Videoman wrote:
Mike Richter (King Troll) wrote:
Videoman wrote:
Mike Richter (Lying Scum) wrote:

Is there any way to make a CD-Extra disc and get the track information
on it?

If you want to do a true CD Extra, you have to comply with the rules for
CD Extra - which means TAO and no titles. ECDC and anything else which
complies with the standard will comply with the standard. I know that's
hard to accept, but try - real hard.

Are you implying that CD Extra can only be done TAO? How come the
newer Nero versions can do a DAO copy of a CD-Extra title? At the very
least, one should be able to burn a CD-Extra disc using two sessions
burning SAO. I don't know if most burner firmware will support CD-Text
buring using SAO.

CD Extra uses a single session with audio track(s) followed by a data
track. If there are two sessions, it is an "Enhanced CD". I know of no
way to write SAO and leave the session open. As I say frequently, I
don't know Nero.

I thought that part of the point of CD Extra, as well as "Enhanced CD"
(whatever that means), was that they could be played in both an audio
CD playback device, as well as a CD-ROM player. That would *require*
two sessions, with only the first (audio) session seen by the audio CD
player, and the last (data) seen by the CD-ROM drive. I know of many
audio CD players that refuse to play a disc containing data tracks in
the same session as the audio data.

It turns out that it requires separate tracks, not separate sessions. I
was under the same impression (for CD Extra and for Mixed Mode) until a
post in one of the newsgroups made me track down the specs. I may still
be wrong - obviously, not the first time - but that's the way I read the
specification.

Are you sure you aren't confusing mixed-mode with CD-Extra?

Nope. Or, yes I'm sure that I'm not mixing mixed-mode (data track first)
with CD-Extra (data track last).
======================

The above is supposed to be the fruit of Mikey's so-called research:

======================

Old November 3rd 03, 10:14 AM
smh

Jerry W Barrington wrote:

smh wrote:

======================================
Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
======================================

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...mindspring.com
(Messages 10, 12 -- 34, 54 -- 69)

a lot of rant snipped

Are these rants?

-------------------
Mixed Mode - 1 of 3
-------------------

=====================
From: Mike Richter (Lying Scum)
Subject: Why can't i make a mixed-mode CD?
Date: 5/8/01

Marc van Lierop wrote:
Mike Richter (Lying Scum) wrote:

You have written an essentially useless disc, but it's behaving as it
should. Note that an audio player won't find the audio tracks since it's
single-session. The CD-ROM won't see the audio easily because of the
structure of the tracks. Tech support can't help because essentially no
one uses that format so no one there understands it.

I don't agree.

That's nice.

If the disc is single session

It isn't.

=====================
From: Mike Richter (Lying Scum)
Date: 5/12/01

Marc van Lierop wrote:
Mike Richter (Lying Scum) wrote:

If the disc is single session

It isn't.

How did you find that out?

Mixed Mode is multisession by definition. I found it out by reading the
definition.
=======================

Here's how Mikey found it out - by reading the * SILENT * definition!

=====================
From: Mike Richter (Lying Scum)
Date: 5/17/01

I believe the Roxio site ... is silent on the subject,

providing only a definition in terms of track sequence.
=====================

----------------------------
Mikey, you are a Slimy Scum!
----------------------------
Old November 3rd 03, 09:00 PM
smh

Jerry W Barrington wrote:

smh wrote:

======================================
Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
======================================

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...mindspring.com
(Messages 10, 12 -- 34, 54 -- 69)

a lot of rant snipped

Are these rants also?

-------------------
Mixed Mode - 2 of 3
-------------------

=====================
From: Mike Richter (Lying Scum)
Date: 5/12/01

Goran Marinic wrote:
Mike Richter (Lying Scum) wrote...

Mixed Mode is multisession by definition. I found it out by reading the
definition.

And where did you read this definition? I find it very hard to believe.

There is a glossary at Roxio's site. There is a CD-R FAQ. I also have
the ECMA standards - but am not inclined to do your research for you.

Why do you find it hard to believe that a disc with at least two
sessions is multisession? Is there something about the number two which
you equate to "single"? Or have you a definition for a dataudio session?
=======================

(Mikey called the above "discussion".)

Old November 3rd 03, 11:11 PM
smh

Jerry W Barrington wrote:

smh wrote:

======================================
Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
======================================

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...mindspring.com
(Messages 10, 12 -- 34, 54 -- 69)

a lot of rant snipped

Is this also a rant?

-------------------
Mixed Mode - 3 of 3
-------------------

If it weren't for this post by David Oseas, Mikey would still have
maintained that Mixed Mode is multi-session (because Mikey was going to
claim that CD-Extra is single-session):

=====================
From: David Oseas (former Philips CD-i / CD-ROM / MPEG Sr. Engineer)
Date: 5/17/01

Marc van Lierop wrote:
Mike Richter (Lying Scum) wrote:

If the disc is single session

It isn't.

How did you find that out?

Mixed Mode is multisession by definition. I found it out by reading
the definition.

Mike, I must respectfully disagree with you on this point. We were
making Mixed-Mode (Yellow Book) disks at Philips long before the
multisession (Orange Book) standard was approved. The definition of
Mixed-Mode may have been extended to include multisession discs, but it
is by no means exclusive to multisession. See the following links for
the original definition of Mixed-Mode:
http://www.cinram.com/pdf/mixedmode.PDF
http://www.cinram.com/pdf/cdgloss.pdf

If Adaptec's glossary states Mixed-Mode is multisession only, I'll have
to contact them to set the record straight.

=====================
From: Mike Richter (Lying Scum)
Date: 5/17/01

David Oseas wrote:

Thank you for the feedback. I learned from previous discussion here that
I was in error (see my post with Subject "Mixed Mode") - and now I have
to research it.

I believe the Roxio site ... is silent on the subject, === SILENT

From: Mike Richter (Lying Scum)
Date: 5/12/01

Mixed Mode is multisession by definition.
I found it out by reading the definition.

(Mikey found it out - by reading SILENT definition!)

Mikey, you are a Slimy Scum!

Shortcut problem (southbridge burn) Ian Homebuilt PC's 4 December 14th 04 11:33 PM
Old PC Occasionally Won't Start, Doesn't Power Down all the time mr x General 6 February 26th 04 05:50 AM
Nero for Multisession discs: How much space is really left forfiles? smh Cdr 4 September 26th 03 09:06 AM
cd-rw is recognized but will not burn Alex Cdr 1 September 19th 03 06:41 AM
Nero & Alcohol won't burn my cd images anymore... Joe Emenaker Cdr 0 June 25th 03 11:57 PM