Must cycle printer power off then on before it prints

Old August 17th 07, 02:58 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Ray K

Default Must cycle printer power off then on before it prints

I'm helping a friend install a Konica/Minolta 1350W b&w laser printer
connected via the USB to a HP laptop with Vista. The drivers installed
okay. When I go to print a test page, nothing happens unless I first
turn the printer off, then on. If I then attempt to print the same test
page again, it won't print until I cycle the printer power off then on.

The test page is the one from the Printers/Properties option. I haven't
tried printing anything else.

Thanks for your help.

Ray
Old September 6th 07, 09:33 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Ray K

Ray K wrote:
I'm helping a friend install a Konica/Minolta 1350W b&w laser printer
connected via the USB to a HP laptop with Vista. The drivers installed
okay. When I go to print a test page, nothing happens unless I first
turn the printer off, then on. If I then attempt to print the same test
page again, it won't print until I cycle the printer power off then on.

The test page is the one from the Printers/Properties option. I haven't
tried printing anything else.

Thanks for your help.

Ray

Here's Konica's reply. Solved the problem. I wonder why Vista isn't set
from the factory the way Konica says.

Ray K.

Dear Ray K
Thank you for contacting us.

From your e-mail comments, I see that you can print after you restart

your computer.

--------------------------------

If the test pages only print after you restart the computer is because
on vista their is a security issue and you need to turn off User account
Controls: see below.

1. Open User Accounts by clicking the Start button , clicking Control
Panel, clicking User Accounts and Family Safety (or clicking User
Accounts, if you are connected to a network domain), and then clicking
User Accounts.

2. Click Turn User Account Control on or off. If you are prompted for
an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide
confirmation.

3. Select the Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your
computer check box to turn on UAC, or clear the check box to turn off
UAC, and then click OK.

Power generation...by cycle? General 2 December 20th 06 07:33 AM
GIGABYTE GA-965P-DS3 Power cycle problem Gordo282 Gigabyte Motherboards 2 October 15th 06 04:45 AM
Remote power cycle Scott Rogers General 4 June 25th 04 10:32 AM
bd cycle error on digital ln-15 printer b Printers 1 June 3rd 04 12:51 AM