Disappointed in SVP (Blankdiscshop)

Old August 8th 06, 11:39 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Jonathan

Default Disappointed in SVP (Blankdiscshop)

Having been buying stuff from SVP for a couple of years now, and having been
always satisfied (1gb usb for £9.99? bargain!) I tried a Umax Kazuki
DVD-2000X MPEG4/DivX DVD Player from them.

I know you can get a perfectly good divx player around £30, as I have a
Cyberhome one which is excellent.

However, this Umax was a nightmare - it was already falling to bits, and the
scart cable socket wasn't even punched out properly.
The build quality is possibly the worst I have ever seen, and I'm fairly
used to buying cheap Chinese rubbish, so I don't have very high standards!
I've ordered a replacement from Amazon, but I've been trying to contact SVP
since last Wednesday - they don't reply to emails, and there's a phone
number, but it's never answered. To be honest, I expected a little better
from SVP.

Any idea if there's another way to get hold of them? I don't want them to
get back to me on day 8 and say I had to return it within 7 days or
something!

Old August 8th 06, 01:56 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Dave

On 8 Aug 2006 12:39:47 +0200, "Jonathan"
wrote:

I've been trying to contact SVP
since last Wednesday - they don't reply to emails, and there's a phone
number, but it's never answered. To be honest, I expected a little better
from SVP.

Any idea if there's another way to get hold of them? I don't want them to
get back to me on day 8 and say I had to return it within 7 days or
something!

They've always replied very promptly whenever I've sent them emails,
but there is also an option to submit a ticket from their website:
http://svp.co.uk/helpdesk/

HTH
--
Dave
Sheffield, England, UK

http://www.gnudawn.co.uk/
Old August 8th 06, 04:44 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Bubba

"Jonathan" wrote in message
[...]

I've shopped with SVP for ages and never had any problems. This sounds like
a bit of a one off breakdown. I'd keep trying the telephone number etc.

Old August 8th 06, 05:08 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Dr Teeth

I was just thinking how wonderful life was, when Dave
opened his gob and said:

They've always replied very promptly whenever I've sent them emails,
but there is also an option to submit a ticket from their website:

....which they deal with out of hours.

--
Cheers,

Guy

Old August 9th 06, 11:34 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Jonathan

"Bubba" wrote in message

I've shopped with SVP for ages and never had any problems. This sounds
like
a bit of a one off breakdown. I'd keep trying the telephone number etc.

Yeah, that's what I thought. Turns out that they DID reply same day, but
they have a bizarre system which doesn't email you when there's a reply
ready! Unfortunately, the person who's this player actually is, is
reasonably new to the web and assumed stuff just happens, ie:
You send email
Reply comes

rather than

You send email, email comes back with ticketing system number, up to you to
keep logging in to check.
I think they'd probably do themselves a favour to have the Supportsuite
system email clients when a reply was ready. I know this can be done because
my webhost uses Supportsuite* and has this option on

*(although they're seriously regretting it now, as Supportsuite turns out to
be a flaky pile of crap which crashes on an unknown hard coded limit of
41,000 tickets, and proceeds to delete all the tickets, and takes about 2
days to repopulate the database from backup...let that be a warning!)

Old August 9th 06, 06:01 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Dr Teeth

I was just thinking how wonderful life was, when "Jonathan"
opened his gob and said:

I think they'd probably do themselves a favour to have the Supportsuite
system email clients when a reply was ready

I get emails sent to my POP3 account when a reply is waiting and can
carry on the support conversation with Outlook Express. I have never
therefore missed a reply.

--
Cheers,

Guy