Overclockers.co.uk

Old July 28th 06, 01:19 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Rob

Default Overclockers.co.uk

On Mon, 17 Jul 2006 00:25:19 +0100, linker3000
Absolutely - stop farting around and sue them.

Fill in the forms (default summons - get them at your local court) and
post them a copy (recorded delivery) giving them 7 days to replace the
RAM or refund your costs OR you will file the claim.

You can also make a claim online:

https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/csmco/index.jsp

I have now waited 65 days and still nothing from OcUK. I called my
local Trading Standards Office today and was pleasantly surprised at
how much help they gave me.

They told me that 65 days was way and above any reasonable time to
wait for replacement. The guy also told me that the up to 90 days as
claimed by the OcUK was "only acceptable if you allow it to be".

So, I wrote them a letter, using both the webnotes system and also
sent them a printed copy addressed to "The Manager". I told them that
I expected resolution by way of a full refund or direct replacement of
the goods, within 28 days of their receipt of the letter.

This actually gives them a few days beyond their 7-10 days-whoops-we
meant-28 days-whoops-we-meant-90-days that they said it would take to
get replacements.

I do believe though that the 90 days would have come and gone with no
replacements sent to me, just like the 7-10 and 28 day periods did.

I wonder what their reaction will be? I'm not holding my breath over
anything positive happening, that's for sure.

Thanks again for the link. I have a feeling I'm going to need it!

--
Rob
Old August 1st 06, 01:49 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Grimly Curmudgeon

drugs began to take hold. I remember Rob
saying something like:

What makes it even more odd is that they are still advertising and
selling the same sticks of RAM in 2 x 1GB pairs, so I know they have
some that they could send to me instead of making me wait way beyond
the (reasonable imo) 28 day period.

I've dealt with OCuk several times and had nothing but satisfactory
service from them - once needed to nudge them a bit when a part was
supposed to be in stock but wasn't, but that's all.

As you say, they have no excuse for not sending replacements out of
their own stock and sorting it out later with the suppliers, and I'm
surprised they haven't done just that.
--

Dave
Old August 11th 06, 06:23 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Crestfallen

Hi

Any news on this yet?

Old August 13th 06, 01:27 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Rob

On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 18:23:48 +0100, "Crestfallen"
wrote:

Hi

Any news on this yet?

I sent the letter addressed to "The Manager" of OcUK by Recorded
Delivery as advised by Trading Standards.

On the day that they received the letter I got an email from OcUK
telling me that replacements were being sent out that day via City
Link.

The next day I received 2 x 1 GB of Nanya PC3200 DDR. Brand spanking
new replacements identical to the RMA'd items.

I don't know who read the letter and acted upon it, but I'm eternally
grateful to them and highly relieved to draw a line under this
episode.

If the person responsible for getting things moving happens to read
this group one day, hats off to you and many thanks.

--
Rob