eBuyer and return of postage charges.

Old August 1st 06, 12:52 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Jumbo

Default eBuyer and return of postage charges.

eBuyer sent me a piece of junk and agreed to take it back and pronounced it
DOA and refunded the purchase price.

However they have not refunded the £5.80 cost of send me this piece of junk.

Can they legally charge me for send out an item that they accept was DOA or
can they just keep my money because I was stupid enough to place an order
with them?

Jumbo

Silver Surfer from Margate UK

Old August 1st 06, 12:59 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
peter

Jumbo wrote:
eBuyer sent me a piece of junk and agreed to take it back and pronounced it
DOA and refunded the purchase price.

However they have not refunded the £5.80 cost of send me this piece of junk.

Can they legally charge me for send out an item that they accept was DOA or
can they just keep my money because I was stupid enough to place an order
with them?

If it was the only thing on your order I would however expect them to
refund the whole lot. When I've returned things to them there's always
been other stuff on the order so the issue hasn't arisen. I have found
however that I _always_ have to chase them up to refund the cost of me
sending back stuff they've incorrectly supplied, even when I include
the postage receipt (stapled to an A4 sheet of paper so they can't miss
it) in the package.

Old August 1st 06, 01:47 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Jumbo

"peter" wrote in message
ups.com...
Jumbo wrote:
[...]

Thanks

Jumbo

Old August 1st 06, 02:40 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
James Grabowski

Jumbo wrote:

eBuyer sent me a piece of junk and agreed to take it back and pronounced it
DOA and refunded the purchase price.

However they have not refunded the £5.80 cost of send me this piece of junk.

Can they legally charge me for send out an item that they accept was DOA or
can they just keep my money because I was stupid enough to place an order
with them?

Just ask for it to be refunded, along with anything you paid to return
it (up to £5) and you'll get a refund. The easiest way is probably by
enote nd it should be dealt with fairly quickly as it's a simple
problem.

James
Old August 1st 06, 02:43 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
James Grabowski

peter wrote:

Jumbo wrote:
eBuyer sent me a piece of junk and agreed to take it back and pronounced it
DOA and refunded the purchase price.

However they have not refunded the £5.80 cost of send me this piece of junk.

Can they legally charge me for send out an item that they accept was DOA or
can they just keep my money because I was stupid enough to place an order
with them?

If it was the only thing on your order I would however expect them to
refund the whole lot. When I've returned things to them there's always
been other stuff on the order so the issue hasn't arisen. I have found
however that I _always_ have to chase them up to refund the cost of me
sending back stuff they've incorrectly supplied, even when I include
the postage receipt (stapled to an A4 sheet of paper so they can't miss
it) in the package.

Including the postage receipt is a waste of time as no one checks them.
Just ask for it to be refunded once the items back and it's been
processed. Anything up to £5 will be refunded without question.

James