Lexmark cartridge refill ?

Old April 18th 06, 01:54 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Default Lexmark cartridge refill ?

I have Lexmark Z615 printers. I have refilled a #17 black cartridge but it
will not print, I think it is clogged from lack of use. Is there a
procedure for unclogging the head?

Old April 19th 06, 05:28 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers

"tony" ) writes:
I have Lexmark Z615 printers. I have refilled a #17 black cartridge but it
will not print, I think it is clogged from lack of use. Is there a
procedure for unclogging the head?

Why not try what they suggest for a dried-up cartridge? Get a piece of
lint-free cloth (I use gauze) wet it lightly and press it against the
nozzles. Hold it there for about 20 seconds to soften the ink. Then wipe
gently in the direction the print head travels. You should see ink on
your cloth if you've dissolved some. Then try a test print. They love to
tell you to do a nozzle clear becuae of all the ink it uses, but if the
test print is still lacking black, you need to try cleaning some more.
Gently is better, don't rub hard.

Brendan