Trying to identify my video card

Old September 30th 04, 02:58 PM
David Wakefield

Default Trying to identify my video card

I am trying to identify my video card. I believe that it is some kind
of GeForce2, because I have seen the 0378TX associated with it on this
newsgroup 2 times. But perhaps someone can tell me which GeForce2 it
is.

Dell 0378TX DELL AGP VIDEO CARD DIMENSION

The fan covers the chip, so I can't identify it, but the bar code
reads:

DS/N CN -0378TX - 44571 - 116 - 2566 C/O CN

Thank you.

David Wakefield
Old September 30th 04, 05:33 PM
Phil

"David Wakefield" wrote in message
om...
I am trying to identify my video card. I believe that it is some kind
of GeForce2, because I have seen the 0378TX associated with it on this
newsgroup 2 times. But perhaps someone can tell me which GeForce2 it
is.

Dell 0378TX DELL AGP VIDEO CARD DIMENSION

The fan covers the chip, so I can't identify it, but the bar code
reads:

DS/N CN -0378TX - 44571 - 116 - 2566 C/O CN

Thank you.

David Wakefield

You could try taking the heatsink off and reading it off the GPU

Old September 30th 04, 06:39 PM
CapFusion

"David Wakefield" wrote in message
om...
I am trying to identify my video card. I believe that it is some kind
of GeForce2, because I have seen the 0378TX associated with it on this
newsgroup 2 times. But perhaps someone can tell me which GeForce2 it
is.

Dell 0378TX DELL AGP VIDEO CARD DIMENSION

The fan covers the chip, so I can't identify it, but the bar code
reads:

DS/N CN -0378TX - 44571 - 116 - 2566 C/O CN

Thank you.

David Wakefield

This is what came up in short period of time.
For Dell Dimension 4100 -
http://support.dell.com/support/edoc...pecs.htm#video
http://support.dell.com/support/edoc...ul/techovu.htm

Code and error message as references if need later -
http://support.dell.com/support/edoc...l/codemess.htm

From what I can tell, Dimension 4100 have serveral version or configuration.
You may have the following -
ATi:
ATi 32MB Radeon or ATi 16MB Rage 128 Pro
nVidiea:
NVidia 32MB or 64MB Geforce2 GTS or simply a NVIDIA 32MB Geforce or NVIDIA
32MB TNT II M64 4X AGP

You should have a documentation that come with your 4100 model and it should
tell you the specification.

For better answer, it is better to contact the maker or source of the item.
Any third party provide the answer simply just guessing or copy from the
source.

CapFusion,...

Old September 30th 04, 09:06 PM
Jeremy Stanley

Run WCPUID and report the Device ID for your VGA card.

http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA002.../download.html

Select View | Device List and look for the VGA controller. The
VendorID will probably be 10DEh, meaning NVIDIA. Then the DeviceID
will be one of the following:

0110h = GeForce2 MX/MX 400
0111h = GeForce2 MX 100/200
0150h = GeForce2 GTS/Pro
0151h = GeForce2 Ti
0152h = GeForce2 Ultra
0153h = Quadro2 Pro

If it's not one of these, it's probably not a GeForce2.

I took this list from the nv4_disp.inf file found in the NVIDIA driver
package, BTW.

Old September 30th 04, 10:53 PM
CapFusion

"Jeremy Stanley" wrote in message
om...
Run WCPUID and report the Device ID for your VGA card.

http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA002.../download.html

Select View | Device List and look for the VGA controller. The
VendorID will probably be 10DEh, meaning NVIDIA. Then the DeviceID
will be one of the following:

0110h = GeForce2 MX/MX 400
0111h = GeForce2 MX 100/200
0150h = GeForce2 GTS/Pro
0151h = GeForce2 Ti
0152h = GeForce2 Ultra
0153h = Quadro2 Pro

If it's not one of these, it's probably not a GeForce2.

I took this list from the nv4_disp.inf file found in the NVIDIA driver
package, BTW.

Humm... That very clever. I would not think about that.
I will to remember this.

CapFusion,...

Old September 30th 04, 11:40 PM
@ndrew

BigJIm wrote:

did you look under the display settings?
"David Wakefield" wrote in message
om...
I am trying to identify my video card. I believe that it is some
kind of GeForce2, because I have seen the 0378TX associated with it
on this newsgroup 2 times. But perhaps someone can tell me which
GeForce2 it is.

Download a program called Everest Home edition (google for it). Will
tell you what video card you have and a lot more about your system.

regards

@ndrew
Old October 1st 04, 03:34 AM
Biz

IF it is an nVidia card, you can install any of the detonators, and it will
tell you exactly what card it is.

Old October 1st 04, 04:56 AM
PRIVATE1964

You can tell what video card it is a couple of ways.
You can look in device manager in Windows and it should list what your video
card is under display adapters.

You can also run DXDIAG for DirectX which will have a display tab and all the
information about your graphic card.

Another way is to use system information software such as 3Dmark, Sisoft Sandra
or Aida 32 etc..

There are a few more ways but what I listed should tell you what you need to
know.
Old October 1st 04, 04:29 PM
PRIVATE1964

Everest Home edition