Overclockers?

Old January 26th 05, 08:24 PM
H Phillips

Default Overclockers?

Has anyone here had an order fulfilled by Overclockers recently?

I haven't seen any bad press online (maybe I haven't been looking in
the right places), but haven't been able to get a response from them
in any way - fax/phone/email.

Anyone know if they're still trading?
Old January 27th 05, 12:27 AM
Gizmo

"H Phillips" wrote in message
Has anyone here had an order fulfilled by Overclockers recently?

I haven't seen any bad press online (maybe I haven't been looking in
the right places), but haven't been able to get a response from them
in any way - fax/phone/email.

Anyone know if they're still trading?

Yup, I ordered an external ariel for our wireless network.
They charged my card, popped it in a jiffy bag, and slung it in the post.
No problems at all.

That was about 2 weeks ago

Old January 27th 05, 02:12 AM
Anton G˙sen

H Phillips wrote:
Has anyone here had an order fulfilled by Overclockers recently?

overclockers.co.uk? Last week.

I was quite impressed with them (not quite so impressed with Amtrak, the
couriers), it seems like the B in "B grade" stands for Brand new!

I haven't seen any bad press online (maybe I haven't been looking in
the right places), but haven't been able to get a response from them
in any way - fax/phone/email.

Anyone know if they're still trading?

They should be!

Anton
Old January 27th 05, 12:45 PM
Dan B

I ordered from them about 2 weeks ago and saw a notice on their site
saying that from the end of December they will only be willing to talk
to you if you phone them - email isnt supported any more. Sort of made
me a bit scared if something went wrong with what I ordered.

I doubt i'd order from them again after seeing that, seems like a bad move.

Dan
Old January 27th 05, 01:23 PM
david harvey

Been trying to call them for 2 days regarding a motherboard dispatched last
wednesday. Did receive a graphics card that was dispatched tuesday after
being RMAd

Old January 28th 05, 05:57 PM
nightic

"H Phillips" wrote in message
Has anyone here had an order fulfilled by Overclockers recently?

I haven't seen any bad press online (maybe I haven't been looking in
the right places), but haven't been able to get a response from them
in any way - fax/phone/email.

Anyone know if they're still trading?

Not terrible with getting orders out (although they don't always email you
promptly to let you know an ordered item is out of stock).

The trouble begins when you have a problem.
Returns are a farce:

http://www.romulus2.com/feedback/company.php?35

Old January 29th 05, 12:05 AM
H Phillips

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 17:57:28 GMT, "nightic"
wrote:

Anyone know if they're still trading?

Not terrible with getting orders out (although they don't always email you
promptly to let you know an ordered item is out of stock).

I ordered a barebones PC on the 19th. Order confirmed. Since then not
a peep.

The trouble begins when you have a problem.
Returns are a farce:

http://www.romulus2.com/feedback/company.php?35

Seems like they're now a *complete* farce from that feedback.

Thanks to all that replied.