Gateway Modular Bay

Old January 14th 11, 11:00 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
BillW50

Default Gateway Modular Bay

Anybody know where I could get one of those optional Modular Bay hard
drives that fits this laptop?

--
Bill
Gateway M465e ('06 era) - Centrino Duo 1.83G - 2GB - Windows XP SP3

Old January 15th 11, 08:30 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
BillW50

In ,
BillW50 typed on Fri, 14 Jan 2011 05:00:16 -0600:
Anybody know where I could get one of those optional Modular Bay hard
drives that fits this laptop?

Okay that went well! ;-) At least does anybody have a part number or a
model number for one?

Old January 16th 11, 07:36 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Ken Whiton

*-* On Sat, 15 Jan 2011, at 14:30:15 -0600,
*-* In Article ,
*-* BillW50 wrote
*-* About Gateway Modular Bay

In ,
BillW50 typed on Fri, 14 Jan 2011 05:00:16 -0600:
Anybody know where I could get one of those optional Modular Bay
hard drives that fits this laptop?

Okay that went well! ;-) At least does anybody have a part number or
a model number for one?

Is this what you're looking for?

http://www.skyline-eng.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=70 31
(or http://preview.tinyurl.com/4l8pnjs)

If so, that page has model and part numbers.

If that's not what you want/need you might contact these people
and see if they have it.

http://newmodeus.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=2&zenid=0580f384f0 1a9aefc2c3398d16db28a8
(or http://preview.tinyurl.com/4a22jha)

Ken Whiton
--
FIDO: 1:132/152
InterNet: L (remove the obvious to reply)
Old January 16th 11, 02:33 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
BillW50

In ,
Ken Whiton typed on Sun, 16 Jan 2011 02:36:13 -0500:
[...]

Hi Ken! Much thanks! Although the first link is just a blank that just
plugs up the modular bay slot. Although I probably should get one of
those someday to add to my collection. ;-)

Currently I have three M465e and besides the optical drives that fit
into the modular bay, I have a second battery (makes swapping of the
main battery easy while the laptop is running) and a floppy drive.
Besides the blank, I am only missing the second hard drive modular bay
carrier. I saw one once on the Internet for sale and I thought no big
rush as I could get one later. Although it seems like they just
disappeared from the radar. :-(

That second link was quite interesting, but nothing for these Gateways.
Although I will contact them to see what they can come up with. ;-)

Old January 17th 11, 09:35 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Ken Whiton

*-* On Sun, 16 Jan 2011, at 08:33:55 -0600,
[...]

I thought it was something like that, but I decided to give you
the link anyway. After all, you know more about these modular bays
than I do. ;-)

Although I probably should get
one of those someday to add to my collection. ;-)

Currently I have three M465e and besides the optical drives that fit
into the modular bay, I have a second battery (makes swapping of the
main battery easy while the laptop is running)

Most of the links returned by my Google search were
battery-related, but since they didn't appear relevant to your quest I
didn't follow them.

and a floppy drive.
Besides the blank, I am only missing the second hard drive modular
bay carrier. I saw one once on the Internet for sale and I thought
no big rush as I could get one later. Although it seems like they
just disappeared from the radar. :-(

That second link was quite interesting, but nothing for these
Gateways. Although I will contact them to see what they can come up
with. ;-)

That link came from a forum discussion that my Google search
turned up. In case there might be something else you could use in
that discussion, it's he

http://www.notebookforums.com/thread227812.html.

Here's my Google search results page:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=Gateway+%22Modular+Bay%22 &aq=f&aqi=g-v1&aql=&oq=
(or http://preview.tinyurl.com/6c9yt25), in case there's something
else there that you can use.

Ken Whiton
Old January 18th 11, 02:30 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
BillW50

In ,
Ken Whiton typed on Mon, 17 Jan 2011 04:35:37 -0500:
[...]

Thanks Ken! That looks a lot like something they modified to work in the
modular bay slot. And I got email late last night from the newmodeus
people. And they said they haven't seen a Gateway M465 modular bay yet
and wants some pictures. And they said I might need to use some parts
from one of my optical drives (optical drives are easy to find on eBay
for $20-$25) to make it work with what they have.

Both the optical and the floppy drives use the standard slimline CD/DVD
connector. I assume the hard drive modular bay uses the same one. The
only other connector inside of the bay is a heavy 5 pin connector. And
the only thing I know that uses that connector is the second battery.

--
Bill
Gateway M465e ('06 era) - Centrino Core2 Duo 1.83G - 2GB - Windows XP