Is GW now just a memory.

Old February 5th 15, 09:14 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Frank

Default Is GW now just a memory.

Is GW basically kaput.
Went to their website yesterday and they have a paucity of items and I
did not see an all in one computer at Bestbuy last week.
Thinking of new desktop for my wife and have not bought other than GW.
Now wonder what's best of new ones on market.
Old February 6th 15, 06:41 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Ian[_8_]

On Thursday, February 5, 2015 at 3:14:57 PM UTC-5, Frank wrote:
Is GW basically kaput.
Went to their website yesterday and they have a paucity of items and I
did not see an all in one computer at Bestbuy last week.
Thinking of new desktop for my wife and have not bought other than GW.
Now wonder what's best of new ones on market.

The selection of Gateways at Best Buy is getting to be slim pickings. I was at the local one last week and did not see any AIO Gateway computers like I've seen in the past. Only see the desktops now. Office Depot carries the AIO and many Gateway laptops, but only one or two desktops.

Gateway (Acer, I guess) still has some good computers to choose from, even though the generic look doesn't flaunt that fact.
Old February 10th 15, 03:23 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Frank

On 2/6/2015 12:41 PM, Ian wrote:
On Thursday, February 5, 2015 at 3:14:57 PM UTC-5, Frank wrote:
Is GW basically kaput.
Went to their website yesterday and they have a paucity of items and I
did not see an all in one computer at Bestbuy last week.
Thinking of new desktop for my wife and have not bought other than GW.
Now wonder what's best of new ones on market.

The selection of Gateways at Best Buy is getting to be slim pickings. I was at the local one last week and did not see any AIO Gateway computers like I've seen in the past. Only see the desktops now. Office Depot carries the AIO and many Gateway laptops, but only one or two desktops.

Gateway (Acer, I guess) still has some good computers to choose from, even though the generic look doesn't flaunt that fact.

Looks like her next computer will be non-GW.
She has not shopped yet but likes the idea of a desktop that she can
just pick-up and carry into Best Buy if it needs work.

I'd skip the touch screen myself but a desktop with wireless mouse and
keyboard, hardly any wires, looks good.