[OT]: Has SVP changed hands?

Old July 14th 09, 05:31 PM posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.comp.vendors
Mike Scott[_2_]

Default [OT]: Has SVP changed hands?

fred wrote:
I see the address for SVP has changed from Paignton to Edinburgh, has
Steve moved or perhaps sold up?

The spamming of customers who have previously opted out of marketing
contact suggests it's in new hands.

They're persistent, I'll give them that.

I keep getting spam to the email address I gave them years ago when I
used to use them. That address is now set to bounce - which they happily
ignore and keep sending.

The worse part is that in spite of three complaints to netbenefit (their
hosting company), the spam keeps coming. I thought they at least were a
reputable company - this suggests otherwise. Time to move my own account
from them, I think.

(XP & FUSET uk.comp.vendors)

--
Mike Scott (unet2 at [deletethis] scottsonline.org.uk)
Harlow Essex England
Old July 14th 09, 05:44 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Nick Le Lievre

Mike Scott wrote:
fred wrote:
I see the address for SVP has changed from Paignton to Edinburgh, has
Steve moved or perhaps sold up?

The spamming of customers who have previously opted out of marketing
contact suggests it's in new hands.

They're persistent, I'll give them that.

I keep getting spam to the email address I gave them years ago when I
used to use them. That address is now set to bounce - which they happily
ignore and keep sending.

The worse part is that in spite of three complaints to netbenefit (their
hosting company), the spam keeps coming. I thought they at least were a
reputable company - this suggests otherwise. Time to move my own account
from them, I think.

I choose to opt out of their marketing and haven't had anything from
them in a few days.
Old July 14th 09, 06:36 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
bcoombes[_2_]

Mike Scott wrote:
fred wrote:
I see the address for SVP has changed from Paignton to Edinburgh, has
Steve moved or perhaps sold up?

The spamming of customers who have previously opted out of marketing
contact suggests it's in new hands.

They're persistent, I'll give them that.

I keep getting spam to the email address I gave them years ago when I
used to use them. That address is now set to bounce - which they happily
ignore and keep sending.

The worse part is that in spite of three complaints to netbenefit (their
hosting company), the spam keeps coming.

If you complained via email I doubt whether anyone at Netbenefit actually read
your complaints, they probably don't actually employ anyone to read unsolicited
emails. A few years ago I took legal action against Fasthosts after sending them
numerous complaint emails about the hosting service they were providing me, it
was noticeable that after the summons arrived they started communicating with me
via a different address and told me NOT to use the public one.(obviously it
wouldn't get read).