Hiding IP Address

Old April 15th 07, 12:06 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Von Fourche

Default Hiding IP Address

Are there any programs that will hide which country my computer is in?
I want to listen to some live programming on the BBC site but it's
restricted to people in the U.K. Lets say I'm British and living in the
U.S.A. and want to listen to a live sporting event broadcast over the net by
the BBC (BBC Radio 5 to be exact.) Anyway I can get around this and listen?

Old April 15th 07, 12:42 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Jim Macklin

try login in using a proxy in the uk.

ink.net...

Old April 15th 07, 12:46 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Alex Harrington

Von Fourche wrote:
Lets say I'm British and living in the
U.S.A. and want to listen to a live sporting event broadcast over the net by
the BBC (BBC Radio 5 to be exact.)

.... then you won't be paying for a UK TV licence so you don't qualify
for the service.

Actually, I think it has more to do with the various contracts the BBC
have with, for example, cricket promoters. If everyone could listen to
the BBC coverage, then they wouldn't be able to sell the rights in other
countries.

If you need to listen, you'd need to find an RTSP/PNM proxy in the UK
that could proxy the stream for you. I guess you could do RTSP over HTTP
and use a regular open HTTP proxy in the UK?

Alex
Old April 15th 07, 02:06 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Barry Watzman

What you may or may not be able to get away with depends on how
sophisticated the BBC's software is. But, normally, your IP is assigned
by your ISP, and, ultimately, no, you can't hide either your IP address
or your MAC address. The problem is, you do want the packets (the
broadcast you want to listen to) to get back to you, right? If so, the
"other end" must have your actual addresses. And, in fact, the header
of every packet that comes out of your computer contains both the MAC
address and the IP address of your computer.

Old April 15th 07, 08:13 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
RnR

On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 23:06:28 GMT, "Von Fourche"
wrote:

Are there any programs that will hide which country my computer is in?
I want to listen to some live programming on the BBC site but it's
restricted to people in the U.K. Lets say I'm British and living in the
U.S.A. and want to listen to a live sporting event broadcast over the net by
the BBC (BBC Radio 5 to be exact.) Anyway I can get around this and listen?

I agree with others. Use a british proxy.
Old September 17th 14, 12:34 PM
hurryburry hurryburry is offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Fourche View Post
Are there any programs that will hide which country my computer is in?
I want to listen to some live programming on the BBC site but it's
restricted to people in the U.K. Lets say I'm British and living in the
U.S.A. and want to listen to a live sporting event broadcast over the net by
the BBC (BBC Radio 5 to be exact.) Anyway I can get around this and listen?
Hi through VPN you can change the IP address and disguise it as an other country IP .A virtual private network (VPN) protects your data and identity over public networks such as the Internet and wireless hotspots (locations that offer wireless connection). A VPN uses a system of special protocols to create an encrypted tunnel that transports data securely. Whereas a firewall protects the data on your computer, a VPN will protect your data on the Internet.

The goal of a VPN is to implement the same level of security provided by private VPN networks (such as those corporations use) at substantially lower costs. VPN services offer up different "gateway" cities, allowing you to choose where the IP address assigned to your computer is located.You can check and confirm the change in your Ip address using site like Ip-Details.com
you can select vpn service here

1. Best VPN Service | VPN Reviews | Top VPN Service Providers
2. http://vpnpaid.com
3. Best VPN Reviews ? Compare and find VPN account providers.