Hosed up Brocade 3800 - need network bootable image?

Old March 3rd 07, 07:22 PM posted to comp.arch.storage
Nate Carlson

Default Hosed up Brocade 3800 - need network bootable image?

I've got a Brocade 3800 that's totally messed up right now.. on boot, it
gives me:

Boot 0: booting from flash 0
Boot 0: extended checksum bad
Boot 1: booting from flash 1
Boot 1: extended checkreboot

I tried booting a flash image from the network via the vxboot prompt, but
get:

Attaching network interface fei0... done.
Attaching network interface lo0... done.
knight is alive
Starting at 0x10030310...

Boot 0: booting from flash 0
Boot 0: extended checksum bad
Boot 1: booting from flash 1
Boot 1: extended checksum bad
can't boot from flash

Looking at the firmware image in a hex editor, it appears that the images
that Brocade provides won't actually let you boot off the network - when
you do, they will just load the image from flash. Is that correct?

If so, does anyone happen to have an image I can load from the network
that will let me get to a prompt where I can run the firmwareDownload
command? This switch is out of support, else I'd try contacting Brocade
directly.

--
nc