Motherboard replacement??

Old January 5th 05, 04:30 PM
Christopher Muto

Default Motherboard replacement??

the case has non standard front panel connectors which means that you will
not be able to connect the power button to the mother board. you could work
around this problem of not being able to turn the system on and off be
replacing the power supply with one that has a switch on it and setting the
bios in the new motherboard to turn on when power is restored... but it
really isn't worth the effort... just get a new case to go with your new
motherboard.

"Fr Jack" wrote in message
Is it possible to replace the motherboard in my Dimension 2400
(celeron)?

If so, any recommendations for an inexpensive board with an AGP slot?

I'm in UK, if it helps...
--

Cheers!
Fr Jack

Old January 5th 05, 11:10 PM
JJO

Yes, the Dell 4600 motherboard will pop right in I believe. The Dell Forums
might help with that information. I seem to remember some others posting
info about that.

Regards,
John O.

Old January 6th 05, 06:10 AM
NuTCrAcKeR

just replace the celeron with a more rubust P4 with the same FSB (400/533)
for a nice boost in performance.

- NuTs

Motherboard for P4. MS Homebuilt PC's 76 August 2nd 04 10:14 PM
Sigh - Not another Motherboard Replacement. Strange Boot issues. Anthony PDC Homebuilt PC's 1 May 26th 04 03:22 AM
what's the best motherboard for amd athlon 64 Mike Henley Homebuilt PC's 2 April 20th 04 08:33 PM
Pentium 4 2.4 temperatures Lou Pratt Homebuilt PC's 6 August 29th 03 01:17 AM
Can my Motherboard make a Router Disapear? Tintax Homebuilt PC's 13 August 25th 03 10:19 PM