problem with wireless keyboard on asus all in one pc

Old February 3rd 15, 04:00 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
[email protected]

Default problem with wireless keyboard on asus all in one pc

Hi.

Is there any way to check for connectivity issues with the wireless keyboard
or mouse on an Asus EeeTop all in one pc? (model ET2002).

Somehow the keyboard refuses to hook up with the pc and it seems impossible
to resolve this issue.

We have two identical pcs here, and both wireless keyboards tend to connect to the same pc when the connect button on the keyboard is pressed (so it seems the batteries in the keyboard are ok).

Thanks in advance for any suggestions regarding this issue, Niek
Old February 3rd 15, 06:20 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Paul

wrote:
Hi.

Is there any way to check for connectivity issues with the wireless keyboard
or mouse on an Asus EeeTop all in one pc? (model ET2002).

Somehow the keyboard refuses to hook up with the pc and it seems impossible
to resolve this issue.

We have two identical pcs here, and both wireless keyboards tend to connect to the same pc when the connect button on the keyboard is pressed (so it seems the batteries in the keyboard are ok).

Thanks in advance for any suggestions regarding this issue, Niek

I can see the product reviewed here.

http://hothardware.com/Reviews/Asus-...ET2002/?page=1

What I was looking for, was USB3 ports. As sometimes USB3
interferes with wireless keyboard/mouse. There are only
USB2 ports on that machine, and they don't tend to interfere
at 2.4GHz range. So my favorite theory, does not apply.

Both Bluetooth and Wifi and keyboard/mouse can be at 2.4GHz,
but Bluetooth and Wifi are designed to co-exist.

In the vip.asus.com forum, the only concrete suggestion
I could find, was to "power cycle" the All-in-One, and
then the keyboard/mouse may work for a short time after
being paired. But if I had to guess, there is either an
antenna/exposure problem with the All-in-One, or the silicon
used for the receiver degrades over time. I can't find
any other suggestions on how to fix it.

If I thought a Unifying Receiver would fix it, I'd suggest
getting another receiver dongle to plug into an available
USB port, and function as a receiver. But there is no way to
know what technology the Asus design uses, and whether some
other wireless keyboard adapter could work.

I suppose it is possible for some *other* computer near your
all-in-1, to generate USB3 interference, but somehow that
seems too unlikely to even mention. USB3 cables can throw off
emissions at 2.4GHz, and the emissions are relatively broadband,
smothering a wide range of frequencies. Cures for that, are
to shield the USB3 hard drive housing, so signals do not escape.

Some ET2002
PC All-in-One
| |
| USB3 \