Ati 9600, maximum resolution?

Old January 4th 06, 09:32 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

Default Ati 9600, maximum resolution?

Hi,

I have an ATi 9600 running with an Acer AL1914 LCD (19") Flat Panel. I have
just installed the drivers for this card (Catalyst) and Hydrovision and it s
reporting that my monitor supports resolutions much higher than I thought is
did. As I understand it, this monitors maximum resolution is 1280 x 1024,
but according the ATi cntrol center, I have higher resolutions available to
me. Am I likely to cause damage to the monitor by trying out these higher
resolutions as the monitor manual suggests that the max resolution is
1280x1024. I would apprecaite any comments.

I guess I should mention that before now I have just let windows sort the
graphics driver and the maximum resolution it gave me was 1280x1024, the
same resolution said to be max in the monitor manual..

I woud appreciate comments from anyone with more experience....

Thanks a lot

Old January 4th 06, 09:47 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

Right click desktop
properties, advanced
click monitor tab
under the screen mhz should be a box that says "hide modes that this monitor
can not display"
check the box
take a look again at the screen resolutions available to you.

Old January 5th 06, 03:46 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

"Derek" wrote in message
[...]

I have the 17" version of your monitor, AL1714, and a Nvidia card, but worry
not, If you set a higher than native resolution or refresh rate, the Acer
reverts back to 1280*1024 automatically.

Dr.White.