XP2200+ vs XP3200+

Old August 17th 04, 03:36 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
Anders Nielsen

Default XP2200+ vs XP3200+

Hi!

I've got an XP2200+ in my GA-7NNXP mobo, and with that I have Corsair
twinx1024LLPRO (2*512)

My Q is, wil I get any performanceboost by installing a XP3200+

I can se that my XP2200+ run @ 1800mhz and the XP3200 run @ 2200mhz
not much or??

is the fsb400 better than fsb266, I mean if it was 1800mhz @ fsb266 vs
1800mhz @ fsb400, would the fsb400 be better or?

I have a ThermalTake Vulcano extreme12 on my xp2200 is that ok for an
xp3200?

Thanx in advance and excuse my poor english.
Old August 17th 04, 09:18 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
Wes Newell

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 04:36:31 +0200, Anders Nielsen wrote:

I've got an XP2200+ in my GA-7NNXP mobo, and with that I have Corsair
twinx1024LLPRO (2*512)

My Q is, wil I get any performanceboost by installing a XP3200+

Yes, approximately 50% cpu performance increase. overall system increase
would probably be around 25%.

I can se that my XP2200+ run @ 1800mhz and the XP3200 run @ 2200mhz not
much or??

The 3200+ also has twice the L2 cache.

is the fsb400 better than fsb266, I mean if it was 1800mhz @ fsb266 vs
1800mhz @ fsb400, would the fsb400 be better or?

There would be about a 5% performance increase at the same clock speed.
Maybe a little more.

I have a ThermalTake Vulcano extreme12 on my xp2200 is that ok for an
xp3200?

Yes.

Old August 17th 04, 12:59 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
Anders Nielsen

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 08:18:00 GMT, Wes Newell
wrote:

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 04:36:31 +0200, Anders Nielsen wrote:

I've got an XP2200+ in my GA-7NNXP mobo, and with that I have Corsair
twinx1024LLPRO (2*512)

My Q is, wil I get any performanceboost by installing a XP3200+

Yes, approximately 50% cpu performance increase. overall system increase
would probably be around 25%.

Great

I can se that my XP2200+ run @ 1800mhz and the XP3200 run @ 2200mhz not
much or??

The 3200+ also has twice the L2 cache.

Is there different versions of the 3200+ if yes, wich one is better

is the fsb400 better than fsb266, I mean if it was 1800mhz @ fsb266 vs
1800mhz @ fsb400, would the fsb400 be better or?

There would be about a 5% performance increase at the same clock speed.
Maybe a little more.

Ok, then fsb 400 is not the big difference

I have a ThermalTake Vulcano extreme12 on my xp2200 is that ok for an
xp3200?

Yes.

Great

Thanx alot.

Best Wishes
A.N

Old December 31st 05, 06:00 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
Viper44

There is a VERY Big difference between FSB 266 and 400 performance on
400 is far superior

Old December 31st 05, 07:08 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
Wes Newell

On Sat, 31 Dec 2005 13:00:12 -0500, wrote:

There is a VERY Big difference between FSB 266 and 400 performance on
400 is far superior

Overall, the difference wouldn't be more than about 6% asssuming the same
clockspeed. Some apps it may be larger, while other apps wouldn't be
affected by the difference hardly at all. This is based on AMD's
performance ratings. The only real gain is in dram IO. Even though it's a
large gain, it's know that the cpu get's about a 90% cache hit rate
leaving that gain being effective only 10% of the time. That will average
out to around a 6% gain overall. far from what I'd call very big
difference. And certainly a long way from being far superior in overall
performance.

--
Want to control your HTPC. Tired of paying for guide data?
Want the ultimate in free OTA HDTV Recorder. mythtv.org