Epson 4180

Old August 31st 04, 06:09 AM
Bill Oertell

Default Epson 4180

I just replaced my old HP 6200c with a new Epson 4180, but I can't get the
TWAIN driver to work. Scanning photos and slides from Adobe Elements works just
fine. But if I try to use any features in Epson's Smart Panel, an error message
appears that says, "Please install the supported TWAIN driver." If I try to use
any other program, I receive some sort of error message indicating that the
program can't find the TWAIN driver.
I've completely removed the old HP drivers via the Add/Remove Windows
utility and manually deleted the HP files that remained. (HP's web site has
directions on manually removing the HP scanner drivers). Still to no avail.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. (To reply remove "not" from the
reply to: field).

Old August 31st 04, 04:01 PM
CSM1

"Bill Oertell" wrote in message
[...]

If Elements can import from the Epson scanner, then maybe you are using the
WIA driver instead of TWAIN.

Windows XP may install a WIA driver for the scanner when you first connect
the scanner if you have not installed the Epson software before connecting
the Scanner.

In that case follow Epson's procedure to completely remove the Software.
Look in the Device manager and remove any Epson Scanner you find.

You have to remove the WIA driver for XP to recognize the TWAIN interface.

I have never allowed XP to install any WIA drivers on my computer, so I do
not know where the remove is for WIA.

Some information on WIA.

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/device...P_WIAdrvs.mspx

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com

Epson Smart (Epson Twain) Panel in XP John Scanners 1 May 13th 04 04:22 AM
How do I get an Epson GT-7000 Photo to run Windows XP? Frode Igland Scanners 1 February 16th 04 01:20 PM
Epson 4870 Press Release - Scanners 0 January 6th 04 05:32 PM
Help with Epson 3200, Please! Anonymous Scanners 2 October 15th 03 01:54 AM
Having driver problems getting my new Epson 3170 Photo image scanner to install Idris Alooma Scanners 5 September 26th 03 06:55 PM