Cheap soundcard that can handle 120mA input recommendations wanted.

Old February 26th 04, 06:51 PM
Joe Mithiran

Default Cheap soundcard that can handle 120mA input recommendations wanted.

G'day. I am looking to get the cheapest soundcard that will allow me to do
HD recording on my PC. I seem to have blown the inputs on my onboard sound &
on a Yamaha Xwave PCI soundcard (no great loss, AUD $10), so I need
something that can handle higher inputs than these. Probably anything that
can handle120mA in the mic in socket would do. Any suggestions? Thanks.
--
Blessings, Joe Krishna Mithiran
joe-at-alphalink.com.au

Old February 27th 04, 03:38 AM
CJT

Joe Mithiran joe wrote:

G'day. I am looking to get the cheapest soundcard that will allow me to do
HD recording on my PC. I seem to have blown the inputs on my onboard sound &
on a Yamaha Xwave PCI soundcard (no great loss, AUD $10), so I need
something that can handle higher inputs than these. Probably anything that
can handle120mA in the mic in socket would do. Any suggestions? Thanks.

120 mA? So if the input resistance is 10K, you want it to be able to
withstand 1200 volts without damage? That's a pretty tough spec.

Perhaps you mean 120 mV? Almost any card should be able to handle that.

--
After being targeted with gigabytes of trash by the "SWEN" worm, I have
concluded we must conceal our e-mail address. Our true address is the
Old February 27th 04, 02:12 PM
Arny Krueger

"Joe Mithiran alphalink.com.au" joe-AT- wrote in message

G'day. I am looking to get the cheapest soundcard that will allow me
to do HD recording on my PC. I seem to have blown the inputs on my
onboard sound & on a Yamaha Xwave PCI soundcard (no great loss, AUD
$10), so I need something that can handle higher inputs than these.
Probably anything that can handle120mA in the mic in socket would do.
Any suggestions?

Parallel the input with a 10 ohm resistor.