[7CIT] I Do Not Think That Anyone In Here Can Answer This; Albeit,

Old January 1st 04, 03:54 AM
Student

Go read....
http://homepage.mac.com/timrutter/BOG_PDF_6.2.zip
http://www.theddrzone.com/faq.php?PH...8a16104 &vo=1
http://www.lostcircuits.com/memory/ddr400/
Old January 1st 04, 04:19 AM
Ken Maltby

If you can feel mistreated after the response that "Skid"
wrote, you are a total waste, and not worth anyone else's
time.

Ken

"Aaron Dinkin" wrote in message
Greetings AND Salutations ,

Could anyone PLEASE help me with the following, this is an excerpt from
an email that I sent that has yet to have been responded to, I just seem
to have a crazy idea that acutal people whom are computer savvy enough
to post in these groups, would have the knowledge to help me out???

===

This is the product that I purchased (indirectly) from you:
CMX256A-2700C2PT XMS2702v3.1 0346032 333MHz CL2

This product has a Memory CAS Latency of "2-3-3-6-T1"

I have TWO questions regarding the and relating to the "Memory CAS
Latency: 2-3-3-6-T1" :

Question 1::: How do I read this : "2-3-3-6-T1"
Notice, When I ask "How do I read this" what I really mean is:
What do EACH of the "CODONS" (ie.: 2, 3, 3, 6, T1) stand for:::
(ie.: The First "CODON" Which happens to be a '2' Stands for
the QuinTibial RHO Value AND this means that it
controls how much MEAT is given to a person that suffers from Anemia,
While the Second "CODON" Which happens to be a '3' Stands for the
Cerremic DHY Value AND this means that it is DIRECTLY
responsable for 10% of all of the Chapter 11's being filed in
Novemner of 2034 etc,.)
Question 2::: How does the ABOVE stated relate/coorelate to the

following*:
Notice, When I ask "How does the ABOVE stated relate/coorelate
to the following foo" I am not asking for a "Because It
Says So, Oran Ask GOOGLE, or It is the FRAK Multiplier (Stated
without an explanation that would clear up any misunderstandings;
thus making it so that I do not have to send another email...
IN SHORT, I am Requesting YOU To EXPLAIN FULLY (Please...))
*The Following (Which Happens To Be An Excerpt From My BIOS) Is The
ABOVE Stated, In Regard to "the following"

DRAM Timing (ie.:By SPD | Manual )
DRAM CAS Latency (ie.:3 | 2.5 | 2 | 1.5 )
Bank Interleave (ie.isabled | 2 Bank | 4 Bank )
Precharge to Active(Trp) (ie.:2T | 3T | 4T | 5T )
Tras Non-DDR400/DDR400 (ie.:6T/8T | 7T/10T | 5T/6T | 8T/12T )
Active to CMD(Trcd) (ie.:2T | 3T | 4T | 5T )
DRAM Burst Length (ie.:4 | 8 )
DRAM Command Rate (ie.:2T Command | 1T Command )
DRAM Access Time (ie.:2T | 3T )
DRAM Queue Depth (ie.:2 Level | 4 Level | 3 Level )
tWTR for DDR400 ONLY (ie.:1T | 2T | 3T )
Write Recovery Time (ie.:2T | 3T)

Thanks In Advance ~7~

===

NOTICE::: There is a --- for lack of better words --- flame at the end
of this document... I am just soooo angry that all I wanted was a lousy
response and all I got in return was (for the most part) "Go to
Google..." Now I am not saying that EVERY POST I recieved was of no
help, in fact the contrary is true, I did indeed get a few responses
that were of some help, however they were from AT MOST THREE different
individuals. (I am sorry if I had miscounted, but off the top of my head
that was the ammount I remembered...) :::NOTICE

So If you want to still have a --good-- ideal in regard to me as a
person You MAY OR MAY NOT want to read the rest of this document...
I dont blame ANY ONE OF YOU I just blame society for engineering us this
way...

Before YOU ALL START Flaming me and telling me Oh This is a CrossPost
Your are violating this and that, I KNOW I CROSS POSTED I DID THAT
UNPURPOSE because NOONE helped me when I posted the first, and second,
and third .... I kept asking the same question to different newsgroups
and what did I get "Oh, Check GOOGLE, GoTO This Website, FOO.BAR..." And
I was NICE at first, but this is F\_/(K!NG rediculous... What do you
think I am some sort of TROLL or GROUPER or LEECH??? NO!!! I am just so
angry that NONE OF YOU (Well, Almost... Actually NO... NO ONE in the
NewsGroup Helped me (Well, that is not entirely true I think there was
AT MOST THREE (im sorry if i missed someone))... I had to EMAIL certain
Individuals (and you know who you are, and I FULLY and FULLheartedly and
MOSTwarmly THANKYOU and wish those of you whom spent the extra 2-4
minutes it takes to write a decent response, I COMMEND YOU!!!)) I just
wanted a Simple answer... But now that has all changed...

People, have some honor, All I wanted was a lousy response, when I first
posted All i wanted was a mere paragraph noteven, and the majority of
the posts I recieved in return constituted of the following theme:
"Check Out Google, Look at this website, ReadThe****inManual, etc.,"
there may have been AT MOST THREE (again i am sorry if i had miscounted
and there was more) people that gave me anything of value, I was not
asking for a Doctoral Dissertation...

You know what I think... I dont think ANY of you actually have a clue as
to how to read and or understand the above, WHY do I think this? Merely
from the (lack of) response that was recieved in regard to my first
(futile) posts...

I AM ANGRY!!!

Old January 1st 04, 07:24 AM
ray

tut tut tut... such anger, pity it isn't channeled into something more
useful like constructive posting
Old January 1st 04, 10:46 AM
Ron Cook

Old January 1st 04, 10:49 AM
Phylter

Aaron Dinkin astounded us with: news:VvOIb.99246
:

SomeOne Did not read:::

"""Now I am not saying that EVERY POST I received was of no help, in
fact the contrary is true, I did indeed get a few responses that were of
some help, however they were from AT MOST THREE different individuals.
(I am sorry if I had miscounted, but off the top of my head that was the
amount I remembered...)"""

However, I did LIE... I SAID THREE, but there are ONLY TWO people in
alt.comp.hardware.overclock... whom bothered to answer any of my questions:

You're a ****ing nutcase....
Ask your question in terms that people that speak english understand

--
Phylter
Denizen of Darkness #44 & AFJC Antipodean Attaché
Old January 1st 04, 04:29 PM
Skid

Had I know what an ungrateful guttersnipe you were when I saw your first
request for information, I would not have wasted nearly as much time on a
detailed reply.

If you had spend half as long reviewing the links I included as you did
composing this silly rant, you would have found the answers to all your
questions.

As for e-mail replies, I don't do those in most cases because the whole
purpose of public newsgroups is SHARING information on common topics, not
spoon-feeding those who are too self-centered or ignorant to do their own
homework.

Overclocking is not rocket science, but there are enough variables between
hardware and software configurations that each case is different. If you
hope for any success, you have to grasp some basics before you start.

I tried to point you in the right direction and gave you links to multiple
sources with guides on bios settings, memory timings and general
overclocking tips.

If you want to pout because no one published a book with your name on it and
came to your house to read it to you before bedtime, go ahead. But don't
expect us to respect you in the morning.

If you politely ask a specific question with an answer that can be stated in
simple terms, you'll get good results. If, as you did, you string together a
gaggle of topics that basically amount to "Tell me everything you know about
overclocking," you can hardly expect anything other than what you got. "Go
to Google" is the proper response to a request like that.

I made an exception because you presented yourself as a newbie who genuinely
wanted to learn something. Now I know you'll just another ill-tempered
troll.

From the long list of newsgroups you've cross-posted to, it looks like
you've burned bridges in most of the places where you could go for help in
future.

You're on your own, now. Good luck.

P.S., for those who might be wondering why I top-posted, it's because
reading the silly tripe below is a total waste of time. But if you feel the
need, be my guest.

Meanwhile, the thread that started it all can be found by searching for the
original topic:
{Newbie}Unlocking the Truth about Mutipliers, CAS, and Dividers?

----------------------------

Old January 1st 04, 04:41 PM
Aaron Dinkin

"If you politely ask a specific question with an answer that can be
stated in simple terms, you'll get good results. If, as you did, you
string together a gaggle of topics that basically amount to "Tell me
everything you know about overclocking," you can hardly expect anything
other than what you got. "Go to Google" is the proper response to a
request like that.

I made an exception because you presented yourself as a newbie who
genuinely wanted to learn something. Now I know you'll just another
ill-tempered troll."

That is ALL I wanted, I just wanted to see THE ABOVE QUOTATION, I was
fursturated, I was angry, I have trouble digging through information
teaching myself stuff, that is why the links were of no help to me... I
admit that I went about it all wrong, Albeit, I needed to see if there
were people whom, again, spent the extra 2-4 minutes typing a valid
response instead of a "Goto Google"... I commend you!!!

And do you know the ironic thing????

Again, YOU were the one who provided the most complete, albeit blunt,
delineation of the facts, to which I also commend you for!!!

I will respect your wishes and I will not post to the groups again for a
LONG while (long as a variable term but no less than 3 months)...

Skid wrote:
[...]

From the long list of newsgroups you've cross-posted to, it looks like

Old January 1st 04, 05:16 PM
Skid

"Aaron Dinkin" wrote in message
That is ALL I wanted, I just wanted to see THE ABOVE QUOTATION, I was
fursturated, I was angry, I have trouble digging through information
teaching myself stuff, that is why the links were of no help to me... I
admit that I went about it all wrong, Albeit, I needed to see if there
were people whom, again, spent the extra 2-4 minutes typing a valid
response instead of a "Goto Google"... I commend you!!!

And do you know the ironic thing????

Again, YOU were the one who provided the most complete, albeit blunt,
delineation of the facts, to which I also commend you for!!!

I will respect your wishes and I will not post to the groups again for a
LONG while (long as a variable term but no less than 3 months)...

Nobody is asking you to run away. Just spend a few minutes looking at the
bios guide at www.rojakpot.com and the overclocking guides at
www.anandtech.com, www.overclockers.com and www.tomshardware.com

They explain the basics better than anyone here has the time or energy to
do. When you have specific questions, ask them -- without being a jerk about
it -- and someone will try to help.

Everyone reading this has been through the same learning process,
frustration included. But if you want individual instruction, hire a tutor.
If you want someone else to build or overclock your computer, pay them.

If you want to learn how to do it yourself and seek free advice, develop a
little patience and a thicker skin.

Old January 1st 04, 05:39 PM
Arthur Hagen

Aaron Dinkin wrote:
Greetings AND Salutations ,

Could anyone PLEASE help me with the following, this is an excerpt
from an email that I sent that has yet to have been responded to, I
just seem to have a crazy idea that acutal people whom are computer
savvy enough
to post in these groups, would have the knowledge to help me out???

You don't pay us enough to DEMAND responses. If people answer, or only
answer a tiny part of your long queries (which would take hours to
research), or ignore you completely, that should be all fine.
This isn't 24by7freesupport, you know, and people who post here have their
own lives, their own problems, and use these fora for discussion more than
anything. If there's a quick question that someone can answer -- fine.
Just don't expect it, or treat the newsgroups as being FOR answering
questions. They're not.

Here on Usenet, be thankful for what people HAVE answered you -- for free,
out of their own unpaid time, with no obligation to do so. Get the point
yet? Oh, and how many helpful answers have YOU given people? I'm sure
you've put back what you've taken out, no?

If you really want all your questions answered, feel free to contact me as a
consultant. My normal rate is US $120/hour, plus expenses.

I was NICE at first, but this is F\_/(K!NG rediculous... What do you
think I am some sort of TROLL or GROUPER or LEECH??? NO!!!

No, just clueless and ignorant to a point we seldom see here.

I am just
so angry that NONE OF YOU (Well, Almost... Actually NO... NO ONE in
the NewsGroup Helped me (Well, that is not entirely true I think
there was
AT MOST THREE (im sorry if i missed someone))...

That's three more than you could reasonable expect. Feel privileged.

People, have some honor, All I wanted was a lousy response,

Here's my response:

..|.

--
*Art

Old January 1st 04, 08:38 PM
kony

On Thu, 01 Jan 2004 16:41:25 GMT, Aaron Dinkin
wrote:

I will respect your wishes and I will not post to the groups again for a
LONG while (long as a variable term but no less than 3 months)...

That's starting today, right?

You were given good advice, to learn the fundamentals of overclocking
then if/when you have specific issue, it's more appropriate to ask
about that in a concise post.