I am getting crazy with this! Who can help me??

Old December 24th 05, 04:31 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus

Default I am getting crazy with this! Who can help me??

Oh man, i am getting crazy with this ...
:crybaby:

Yesterday it seems to be working all right again and now, when i
connected the SATA again and disconnected the harddrive with the old
system XP on it, i am now getting with the SATA the same troubles!

[b:89426fbebd]DoubleClick on My Computer results in a keep on
searchin' of Explorer with no success[/b:89426fbebd]
So no volumes are visible. It's the same as with the IDE, as described
before. Defragmentation in Computer Management and doing Copy, Move of
files can be done in a workaround and i also can open files stored on
Desktop or one of the partitions, with MS Word, Excel or whatever, so
this indicates, that the drives are connected properly! Restore
Points didn't help either. Last night i got it working again with the
IDE -drives,but now the same problems occure again with the SATA
:crybaby:

[b:89426fbebd]Ethernet driver message[/b:89426fbebd]
There also came a message for installing an ethernet driver (?). I had
resolved this by getting XP pointing to my CDROM with the ASUS CD in
it. However, i still have a major problem now. At most all my files i
could move to the partitions of the SATA in which i had devided it, so
the IDE-disk's are almost empty now and can be formatted if i want to

[b:89426fbebd]I have entered the BIOS and tried some changings with
the Boot Order[/b:89426fbebd]
With the latest BIOS-update 1009 there is a possibility to set it to
SATA/SCSI or SCSI/SATA. I left it like before on SATA/SCSI. First
Boot Device can be set to different, like HDD-0, CDROM, FLOPPY and so
on. Maybe you have a suggestion how it should work properly

[b:89426fbebd]Why are these stupid things occure?[/b:89426fbebd]
It seems to be working perfect: Disconnect the old system hard drive
and let the other hard drives in the sytem, then connect te SATA, so
this oSATA and the other " old" two hard drives were visible which
gave me the possibility to use the " old" drives with only files and
drivers on it, for installing XP-drivers on the SATA. This worked
fine. However, because i couldn't get al the files in one time to the
SATA, i had to do this (disconnecting-reconnecting) all over again. I
think here is something going wrong and XP is loosing control of it
.. :crybaby:

[b:89426fbebd]Question is now, how can i get this all working
again?[/b:89426fbebd]
I still hope one of you at this forum has a splendid idea for geting
this solved. Because i have very little time it making me sick, only
of thinking to do the XP-install all over again

CHIEFTEC BX-03B | Fans (Side Panels) 2x PAPST 3412
NGL (92*92*25mm) | Fans (Front/Back Panels) 4x PAPST 8412N/2GML
(80*80*25mm) (Tacho Fan) | ATX 480W ANTEC BLUE 480 | ASUS A7N8X
DeLuxe PCB Rev. 1.04 (1.09) | AMD Athlon XP 3000+ Barton FSB 333 |
ThermalRight SP97 Socket A AMD Cooler with PAPST Variofan 3412 NGMV
(92*92*25mm) (with Thermal Control) | Arctic Silver 5 | CORSAIR
TWINX1024-3200XLPRO DDR400 | Samsung SpinPoint SP2504C SATA2 | Hama
46958 SPRING MultiCard Slot M USB Device | ASUS V9280 Ti 4200 with 8x
AGP 128 MB (NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4200 with AGP 8x) | EIZO L778-K 19"
TFT | ALCATEL Speedtouch 510 ADSL Modem | Sitecom Modem Switch 10/100
MBPS | HP ScanJet 5300C | HP DeskJet 895Cxi | Logitech Laser G5 |
Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 | Logitech QuickCam
Fusion

Old Solo notebook -- Mouse crazy Dave Gateway Computers 5 November 1st 04 07:45 PM
NEED HELP: ASUS A7N8X Deluxe crazy SPDIF-out problem when recording audio Robert Holpper Asus Motherboards 3 August 20th 04 12:54 PM
Maxtor Diamondmax Plus 40 reporting wrong SIZE - CRAZY problem Hellbore Storage (alternative) 3 October 13th 03 10:14 PM
driving me crazy Justin Nvidia Videocards 0 September 23rd 03 03:04 PM
Crazy Problem w/A7V8X-X Snapperhead Asus Motherboards 3 August 6th 03 05:29 AM