Drivers - Settings for display

Old January 3rd 04, 11:37 PM
NoSpam

Default Drivers - Settings for display

I 'm looking for the drivers, settings for a
Compaq Presario 1600 146xl (laptop)

Designed for Win 98 SE but the Restore CD is damaged.
I Installed a normal Win98SE but can't find the correct settings for sound -
USB-ethernet and DISPLAY

I 'me specially looking for settings and drivers for my video-card and
display (screen) now 16 colors 400*600 pixels.

Thx

Wildrik

Old January 9th 04, 07:25 AM
andrew2000

you can download the drivers from www.compaq.com and look under support, it
will take a bit of searching, but they are there

Old January 12th 04, 12:03 PM
Sam

Hi, I'm in an identical situation, except it's for a 1600-xl144 rather
than xl146. No matter, the driver's most likely the same.

I've looked on Compaq's (HP's) support page for this laptop model, and
yes there are drivers listed there (sound, network, chipset, touchpad)
but nothing for the graphics. I've tried the drivers provided for
related models (1620, 1630, etc..) but no luck, none of them work
right.
I've also tried to find it on driversguide.com with same results (or
lack thereof).

Thanks for any pointers,

Sam

Old January 13th 04, 02:18 PM
Sam

After discussion with two Compaq/HP tech support guys who couldn't
find the driver either, I obtained the name of the graphic card: a
Trident Cyberblade.

From there, it was easy finding an appropriate driver.
http://www2.driverguide.com/uploads/uploads7a/5486.html
It says it's for the xl145, but it's just fine for my xl144, and
probably will work on all Presario 1600-xl.

Cheers,

Sam