Intel 875P (ABit IC7 Series) cant handle PAT when using all 4 memory slots ?

Old May 19th 04, 10:18 AM
tony010409020622@[email protected]

Default Intel 875P (ABit IC7 Series) cant handle PAT when using all 4 memory slots ?

A thread on the Abit Web site claims that the IC7 boards cannot use
PAT when you use all 4 memory slots. Is anyone familiar with this
issue ? I'm particularly interested in whether this is an ABit issue
or an issue with all MBs using the 875P Chipset.

http://forum.abit-usa.com/showthread...&highlight=PAT

Thanks

Old May 19th 04, 01:11 PM
TomG

there have been posts that said that PAT was disabled when filling all four
slots. no first hand experience from me as I have set the boards up with 1
gig installed in 2x512 sticks.

--

Thomas Geery
Network+ certified

ftp://geerynet.d2g.com
ftp://68.98.180.8 Abit Mirror ----- Cable modem IP
over 130,000 FTP users served!
^^^^^^^

Old May 19th 04, 08:57 PM
tony010409020622@[email protected]

On Wed, 19 May 2004 08:11:45 -0400, "TomG"
wrote:

there have been posts that said that PAT was disabled when filling all four
slots. no first hand experience from me as I have set the boards up with 1
gig installed in 2x512 sticks.

Hi Tom

Thanks for the reply on both this and an unrelated thread. Regarding
the PAT / 4 RAM Chips issue, is it just the ABIT IC7 series boards, or
does this effect all Intel P875 Chipset boards ?

Old May 19th 04, 10:51 PM
TomG

just a guess but I think it would probably be any board using the chipset.
my experience with this chipset is limited to the Abit boards though.

Old May 20th 04, 12:46 AM
Post Replies Here Please

Hi,

If someone sends me 2 sticks of ecc 512mb memory I will be happy to
check ;-)).

Anyway pat is enabled with 2 - 512mb memory here. Don't have the cash
or the need for 2 more.

Interesting thread you posted below.

http://www.intel.com/design/motherbd/bz/bz_inst.htm#5.5

the intel faq on d875pbz gives no indication that pat is disabled with
4 dimms. I guess you don't know until you try it ;-)).

You could send a letter to intel tech support. They are pretty
responsive.

Later,

Alan

"tony010409020622" == tony010409020622 writes:

tony010409020622 A thread on the Abit Web site claims that the IC7
tony010409020622 boards cannot use PAT when you use all 4 memory
tony010409020622 slots. Is anyone familiar with this issue ? I'm
tony010409020622 particularly interested in whether this is an ABit
tony010409020622 issue or an issue with all MBs using the 875P
tony010409020622 Chipset.

tony010409020622 http://forum.abit-usa.com/showthread...&highlight=PAT

tony010409020622 Thanks

Old May 20th 04, 11:55 AM
tony010409020622@[email protected]

On Wed, 19 May 2004 18:46:57 -0500, Post Replies Here Please
wrote:

You could send a letter to intel tech support. They are pretty
responsive.

I'm surprised to hear that - I'll give it a try.
Thanks

Old May 20th 04, 01:14 PM
Post Replies Here Please

It surprised me also but intel motherboard tech support responded
within 24 hours. Anyway if you find out anything from intel please
post a followup here.

Thanks

"tony010409020622" == tony010409020622 writes:

tony010409020622 On Wed, 19 May 2004 18:46:57 -0500, Post Replies
tony010409020622 Here Please
tony010409020622 wrote:

You could send a letter to intel tech support. They are pretty
responsive.

tony010409020622 I'm surprised to hear that - I'll give it a try.
tony010409020622 Thanks

Old May 21st 04, 03:20 AM

On Thu, 20 May 2004 07:14:03 -0500, Post Replies Here Please
wrote:

It surprised me also but intel motherboard tech support responded
within 24 hours. Anyway if you find out anything from intel please
post a followup here.

I definitely will. So far all I've gotten are the obligatory two
letters from the IntelBot, but hopefully I'll hear something soon from
a human.