alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) Updated and Revised 08/20/2003

Old August 21st 03, 03:17 PM
Rich/rerat

The following message has been sent to the following companies:

& :

Please Remove this person from your service(s)!!!

1.
:
This individual has been reported to you on numerous occasions, and you =
seem to just ignore the complaints. I request that you honor your =
policies regarding abusive behavior when posting to newsgroups through =
your service.

2.
:
I request that you ban the newsgroup postings on your service from the =
domain of fdn.com, if the administrator at fdn.com cannot curb this =
individual's behavior. If this individual was a client of your service, =
his/her actions would not be tolerated.

From: "."
Newsgroups: alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell

Subject: ATTN: " Anthony"
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 08:31:12 -0400

----- Original Message -----=20
Old August 21st 03, 11:24 PM
Anthony

.

Your revised FAQ of 02/03/2003 contains many

references to other proprietary
information and other public domain information

and would not be acceptable
for copyright.

You have written that you copyrighted the work.

Simply fax proof of your
claim to 1-309-285-0033.

Please read

http://www.inet.bg/faq/netiquete.html
View the corrected and updated FAQ for

alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Packard-Bell

If you are refering to the "LINKS" sections, that
is considered "Compilation of Terms or Data" and
is my original work under US Copyright law.

Therefore I again ask you politely to not use my
faqs in whole or in part, without my express
written consent. Also, please remove any part of
my faqs that you used on your Yahoo group. If you
want, you can put a link on your group, pointing
to my FAQs for the ALT.SYS.PC-CLONE.PACKARDBELL
group. The link you can use is....
http://pbfaq.tripod.com/

Regards,
Anthony

Old August 22nd 03, 02:21 AM
Rich/rerat

Winston,
Thank-you explaining the situation with this individual actions. By also =
sending the message to , I hope that at least they =
would consider blocking messages from the news server that fdn.com uses. =
I use Comcast and they out source there news for their customers to =
Giganews. I saw in the headers of the message I included in my =
complaint:

I interperted the Path, to mean that the offending message went directly =
through giganews servers, from news.fdn.com . I would hope if FDN won't =
block future ones, maybe Giganews would block FDN's customer's to be =
seen on their servers. We can only hope!=20

Sorry if I am not clear enough, in my thoughts.

--=20
Rich/rerat

(RRR News) message rule

"Winston" wrote in message =

Original Text to Save Bandwidth

Unfortunately you will find that FDN & EPIK are shielding this person
for some reason or other. According to Mr. Elector you might also want
to address the situation to
which is the troll posters
upstream. Please be aware that you will get no favorable response
since they don't honor any TOS/AUP even though they post as having
one.

They are kook and spam friendly as far as Mr. Elector has said to me
on the telephone and in email. He referenced the news group for email
abuse as the basis of his observation and on the non-action and
constant whining of the abuse department at FDN as to make the person
reporting the abuse the bad guy and not their loser/customer.

I beleive Mr. Elector has the right idea and that is to call for the
Internet Death Penalty of these ISP's for non responsiveness to
legitimate complaints. Simply pass the word around and let as many
folks know how they conduct their business and their business
practices and that should get them to move favorably on "abuse issues"
(news group and email)

W.

-----=3D=3D Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =3D-----
Old August 22nd 03, 11:43 AM
Elector

--
Rich/rerat

(RRR News) message rule

Hi Rich:

Crazy as it may seem I also did not think of that approach. Many years
ago a company called local net had a terrible time getting rid of
their spammers and kook posters and the news service they were using
allowed the customers to read but not post to usenet. It was in
essence an IDP that actually worked. Now FDN has a problem in that
they believe the responders or complainers should realize this is a
public domain group, non moderated and you will have such trolls and
the like from time to time. Granted in one sense of the situation I
can understand that, but what I could not understand is their total
lack of response on the "abuse issues" ?

They stated to me in email and I know a few other folks have also
complained about their kook-troll poster Arthur Grayson Walker but
they refuse to honor their TOS/AUP and their upstream is no better
(EPIK) since they mirror the same jump through hoops and its not my
problem stance as FDN. Funny is that the TOS/AUP from both look like
they were done via the same Web Builder (Adobe .pdf is used for their
policy) but although it may look good it sure as hell does not stand
for anything. They don't enforce the TOS/AUP so they are not a good
net neighbor.

They are also multi honed and that also is a problem since they can do
an around about feed from their other connection.

The troll poster will eventually be stopped it just takes more
complaints to the jackasses at FDN to see the light. Although this
RTFM or any other name it morphs into is a troll and kook and proven
liar and phony it is an annoyance and I agree FDN must be held
accountable.

Elector

Old August 23rd 03, 05:05 PM
Gyb7iuSq7FSgnf

I have sent a note to giganews, to roadrunner, to googlegroups, to hotmail, and
to fdn.

In my note, I object to the frivolous complaints being made by some members of
this group. I object to the waste of bandwidth by the complainers who have
nothing better to do than post their complaints (very OT) on this newsgroup. I
object to the fact that the complainers (who do not label their complaints as
OT -- as required by both FAQs) are i violation of this group's FAQ.

Old August 23rd 03, 06:20 PM
Anthony

"Gyb7iuSq7FSgnf" wrote in
message
I have sent a note to giganews, to roadrunner,

to googlegroups, to hotmail, and
to fdn.

In my note, I object to the frivolous complaints

being made by some members of
this group. I object to the waste of bandwidth

by the complainers who have
nothing better to do than post their complaints

(very OT) on this newsgroup. I
object to the fact that the complainers (who do

not label their complaints as
OT -- as required by both FAQs) are i violation

of this group's FAQ.

You are confusing a Charter with FAQ...Complain
all you want...what does Hotmail have to do with
it?

Old August 23rd 03, 07:55 PM
Elector

"Gyb7iuSq7FSgnf" wrote in message

Nothing of value by the kook, troll, liar, phony RTFM or who is
actually Arthur Grayson Walker who is using his AOL account and of
which I am taking steps to have eliminated. send all his posts to
or and explain what this loser is
doing.

Elector

Old August 23rd 03, 07:59 PM
Elector

" Anthony" wrote in message
You are confusing a Charter with FAQ...Complain
all you want...what does Hotmail have to do with
it?

Anthony, this is the same kook, troll, proven liar, proven phony RTFM
or who is actually Arthur Grayson Walker who is using
his AOL account and of which I am taking steps to have eliminated.
send all his posts to
or and explain
what this loser is doing. It has also morphed again see the replies it
sent to Simon.

Elector