Acer service quality in UK?

Old February 25th 05, 11:54 AM
Tiny Tim

Default Acer service quality in UK?

My girlfriend's Acer Ferrari laptop was picked up two weeks ago today by
courier for "repair" while still under warranty. The only fault was that the
lettering was wearing off several of the keys. This was explained to Acer
when she phoned to report the problem.

The laptop has not been returned and on contacting them today they say
"awaiting parts" and cannot give a timeframe for availability. It was the
same story on Monday this week. There is no diagnosis required or anything
complicated - it is simply a case of replacing a few keys or better still,
the whole keyboard. I would imagine the Ferrari shares its keyboard design
with several others in the Acer range and find it hard to believe they can't
source a replacement within two weeks.

What is other people's experience? Is there anything she can realistically
do to speed things up? This seems like truly appalling customer service to
me.

Cheers,
Tim.

Old February 25th 05, 01:31 PM
daman

I had to send my acer notebook back to them 3 times with 1 month
because they didn't diagnose or fix the problem properly. I'll not
buy Acer anymore.

Old February 25th 05, 03:20 PM
Mike

"Tiny Tim" wrote in message
[...]

google is your friend.
it is widely known acer aftersales is appauling, more than likely it will
come back in a worse state then it was sent..
i wouldnt ever buy acer.

Old February 25th 05, 03:45 PM
Tiny Tim

"Mike" wrote in message

"Tiny Tim" wrote in message
[...]

Yep, I've seen past complaints and just wondered if maybe they were getting
any better more recently. We did take photographs of it before sending it
off, for proof of condition, so if it comes back f#####d up then we'll have
something to back us up.

Any idea what we can do to get a more reasonable response from them? They
are too far away to make a personal visit practical.

Old February 25th 05, 05:33 PM
Mike

"Tiny Tim" wrote in message

"Mike" wrote in message

"Tiny Tim" wrote in message
[...]

There's non unfortunately, its sit and wait.. You just have to go along with
it and see what happens.

Old February 25th 05, 09:58 PM
Fixer

As someone who has to errrr fix Acer machines I can agree their aftersales
is appauling on their so called next business day repair customers have to
wait anywhere upto 3 months and then they have no idea when we are coming,
moral of the story is Never Buy an Acer unless you live around the corner
from the Collect and repair depot which is down in Exeter
"Mike" wrote in message

Old February 25th 05, 10:29 PM
Guy Fawkes

Fixer wrote:

As someone who has to errrr fix Acer machines I can agree their aftersales
is appauling on their so called next business day repair customers have to
wait anywhere upto 3 months and then they have no idea when we are coming,
moral of the story is Never Buy an Acer unless you live around the corner
from the Collect and repair depot which is down in Exeter

IS it?

I live in exeter and I certainly didn't know that.

where it be then?

--
Lithium ion internal and external batteries.
Internal from £30 External from £75 (trade)