codec so my cd+r will play dvd's

Old June 6th 08, 04:08 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
rob

Default codec so my cd+r will play dvd's

I have a rather old compaq. it has a cd player with a burner on it. it
won't play dvd's at all. I know that all I need is a codec I just
don't know which one or where to find it. any one out there wiser than
I?
Old June 6th 08, 07:27 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
smh

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------
http://tinyurl.com/38wte6

(No Mikey S-lickers have been able to prove ANY of the above )
(is a LIBEL -- despite Mikey claimed to have PROOF of libels!)
'

rob wrote:

I have a rather old compaq. it has a cd player with a burner on it. it
won't play dvd's at all. I know that all I need is a codec I just
don't know which one or where to find it. any one out there wiser than
I?

Which Windows are you running? What's the brand name and model number of
the burner?
Old June 6th 08, 10:43 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Paul Heslop

rob wrote:

I have a rather old compaq. it has a cd player with a burner on it. it
won't play dvd's at all. I know that all I need is a codec I just
don't know which one or where to find it. any one out there wiser than
I?

a cdr will not play dvd discs. It may be a cdr/dvd and then it will
work, but if it just a cdr then no.

--
Paul (We won't die of devotion)
Stop and Look
Old June 6th 08, 03:38 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Eric Gisin

It's a CD burner, you stupid cock sucker.

. --------------------------------------

Old June 6th 08, 05:25 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr

"rob" wrote in message
I have a rather old compaq. it has a cd player with a burner on it. it
won't play dvd's at all. I know that all I need is a codec I just
don't know which one or where to find it. any one out there wiser than
I?

I doubt that your CD player will play DVDs--regardless of the software. You
will have to replace your CD player with a DVD burner. They cost less than
$30. Buy one that is "retail" packaged; it will have a disc containing all
the software you will need. Be sure you DON'T buy one that uses an SATA
connection, since your computer has a parallel interface only.

2 places you might look for a wide selection are Newegg.com and
Meritline.com. A couple of good brands are LG and LiteOn.

Norm

Old June 7th 08, 04:04 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
John

On Fri, 06 Jun 2008 13:33:15 -0500, Allen wrote:

Eric, I was getting ready to send you a scathing post about your
response, but then I saw who you were replying to. You hit the nail on
the head.

So far up his ass the sun is gone.

Old June 8th 08, 07:41 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
smh

Default Who Is Mike Richter & Why Are They Saying All These Horrible ThingsAbout Him?

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

Eric Gisin (Newsgroup Faggot Punk) squealed:

snip squealing

Instead of squealing like a stuck pig, why don't you faggot punks prove
ANY of
the following is a LIBEL?

Don't understand why you faggot punks are unable to do so when all you
faggot punks need to do is copy & paste the proof of libels Mikey
claimed to have. That's all it takes. It's that simple. It's that easy.

Who Is Mike Richter and
Why Are They Saying All These Horrible Things About Him?

Mike Richter is a LIAR (mixed-mode/single/multi-session)

Mike Richter & Half-Baked Research (Mixed-Mode)(i)
Mike Richter & Half-Baked Research (Mixed-Mode)(ii)
Mike Richter & Half-Baked Research (Mixed-Mode)(iii)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (enhanced-cd)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (enhanced-cd)(ii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (enhanced-cd)(iii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (no enhanced cd)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (enhanced-cd/cdr-faq)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (cd-extra/cd-text)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (cd-extra/sao/tao)(i)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (cd-extra/single-session)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (cd-extra/single-session)(iii)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (cd-extra/single/multi-session)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (cd-extra/single/multi-session)(ii)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/winme)(i)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/winme)(ii)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/win2k)(i)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/win2k)(ii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/win2k)(iii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/win2k)(iv)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/plextor)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(i)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(ii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(iii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(iv)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(v)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(vi)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(vii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(8a)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(9a)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (i)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (ii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (iii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (iv)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (v)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (vi)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (vii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (viii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (ix)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (x)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (xi)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (xii)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (supplied cd)

Frauds by Mike Richter (1 of 2)
Frauds by Mike Richter (2 of 2)

Apologize for Mike Richter's Lying? (major bug)
Apologize for Mike Richter's Lying? (critical bugs)
Apologize for Mike Richter's Lying? (early/often in beta)

Mike Richter Dishonest?

Mike Richter is a LIAR (700MB/multi-GB)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (dvd multisession)(Ezcd)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (dvd multisession)(tao/dao)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (dvd multisession)(only dao)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (dvd multisession)(yes/no)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (dvd multisession)(i)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (dvd multisession)(ii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (dvd multisession)(iii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (dvd multisession)(iv)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (dvd multisession)(v)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (dvd multisession)(vi)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (dvd multisession)(vii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (dvd multisession)(viii)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (chicken little)(i)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (chicken little)(ii)

Mike Richter, is the Sky Falling?
Mike Richter, Is the Sky Not Falling Anymore?

Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on TOC (01-06)
Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on TOC (07-02)
Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on TOC (elementary)
Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on TOC (dvd)
Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on TOC (multisession)
Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on Packet Writing (TOC)

Mike Richter: CD-R FAQ Conflicts with References
Mike Richter: CD-R FAQ makes a Common Mistake
Mike Richter: CD-R FAQ has Significant Errors

Mikey, whatever happened to "quirky", "anomalous" or "trickier"?

Mike Richter is a LIAR (700MB/multi-GB)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (dvd multisession)(tao/dao)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (dvd multisession)(only dao)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (dvd multisession)(yes/no)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (dvd multisession)(i)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (dvd multisession)(ii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (dvd multisession)(iii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (dvd multisession)(iv)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (dvd multisession)(v)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (dvd multisession)(vi)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (dvd multisession)(vii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (dvd multisession)(viii)

Mike Richter & Half-Baked Research (Mixed-Mode)(i)
Mike Richter & Half-Baked Research (Mixed-Mode)(ii)
Mike Richter & Half-Baked Research (Mixed-Mode)(iii)
Mike Richter & Half-Baked Research (Enhanced CD)
Mike Richter & Half-Baked Research (CD Extra)(i)
Mike Richter & Half-Baked Research (CD Extra)(ii)
Mike Richter & Half-Baked Research (CD Extra)(iii)
Mike Richter & Half-Baked Research (CD Extra - SAO/TAO ?)

Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on C1/C2 Errors

Mike Richter's Gibberish on C1/C2 Errors (i)
Mike Richter's Gibberish on C1/C2 Errors (i)(b)
Mike Richter's Gibberish on C1/C2 Errors (i)(c)
Mike Richter's Gibberish on C1/C2 Errors (i)(d)
Mike Richter's Gibberish on C1/C2 Errors (i)(e)
Mike Richter's Gibberish on C1/C2 Errors (ii)(01/05)
Mike Richter's Gibberish on C1/C2 Errors (ii)(09-01)
Mike Richter's Gibberish on C1/C2 Errors (ii)(10-04)
Mike Richter's Gibberish on C1/C2 Errors (ii)(12-00)

Mikey, do you ever see any C1 errors with CDSpeed on your machines?

Mike Richter, where's the Beef (Error Rates)?
Mike Richter, where's the Beef (Error Rates)? (ii)
Mike Richter, where's the Beef (Error Rates)? (07-02)

Mike Richter, Digging C1 Errors out of Assholes? (01-04)
Mike Richter, Digging C1 Errors out of Assholes? (01-05)
Mike Richter, Digging C1 Errors out of Assholes? (03-04)
Mike Richter, Digging C1 Errors out of Assholes? (04-03)
Mike Richter, Digging C1 Errors out of Assholes? (05-03)
Mike Richter, Digging C1 Errors out of Assholes? (06-02)(i)
Mike Richter, Digging C1 Errors out of Assholes? (06-02)(ii)
Mike Richter, Digging C1 Errors out of Assholes? (06-03)(i)
Mike Richter, Digging C1 Errors out of Assholes? (06-03)(ii)
Mikey Richter, Digging C1 errors out of Assholes? (07-02)
Mike Richter, Digging C1 Errors out of Assholes? (07-03)(i)
Mike Richter, Digging C1 Errors out of Assholes? (07-03)(ii)
Mike Richter, Digging C1 Errors out of Assholes? (07-03)(iii)
Mike Richter, Digging C1 Errors out of Assholes? (08-02)(i)
Mike Richter, Digging C1 Errors out of Assholes? (08-02)(ii)
Mike Richter, Digging C1 Errors out of Assholes? (09-02)(i)
Mike Richter, Digging C1 Errors out of Assholes? (09-02)(ii)
Mike Richter, Digging C1 Errors out of Assholes? (09-02)(iii)
Mike Richter, Digging C1 Errors out of Assholes? (09-02)(iv)
Mike Richter, Digging C1 Errors out of Assholes? (09-04)
Mike Richter, Digging C1 Errors out of Assholes? (10-02)
Mike Richter, Digging C1 Errors out of Assholes? (10-04)
Mike Richter, Digging C1 Errors out of Assholes? (10-05)
Mike Richter, Digging C1 Errors out of Assholes? (12-03)
Mike Richter, Digging C1 Errors out of Assholes? (Feurio)

Mike Richter, Digging C1 Errors out of Asshole? (05-02)(i)
Mike Richter, Digging C1 Errors out of Asshole? (05-02)(ii)(a)
Mike Richter, Digging C1 Errors out of Asshole? (04-02)
Mike Richter, Digging C1 Errors out of Asshole? (01-02)(i)
Mike Richter, Digging C1 Errors out of Asshole? (01-02)(ii)
Mike Richter, Digging C1 Errors out of Asshole? (12-01)
Mike Richter, Digging C1 Errors out of Asshole? (12-01)(ii)

Mike Richter, Digging C1 Errors out of Asshole? (95min)

Mikey, still digging C1 errors out of assholes? (07-02)(cdrw)
Mikey, still digging C1 errors out of assholes? (09-02)(cdrw)
Mikey, still digging C1 errors out of assholes? (10-02)(cdrw)

Mike Richter's Slimy Words on Packet Writing Format

Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on Packet Writing Format

Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on Packet Writing (ditch)
Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on Packet Writing (lethal)
Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on Packet Writing
Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on Packet Writing (error rate)
Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on Packet Writing (C1/C2)
Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on Packet Writing (mastering)
Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on Packet Writing (TOC)

Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on CD-RW & Packet Writing

Mike Richter, Is CD-RW Media Homeless?

Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on CD-RW Media (i)
Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on CD-RW Media (ii)
Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on CD-RW Media (iii)
Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on CD-RW Media (4x)(06-02)(i)
Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on CD-RW Media (4x)(06-02)(ii)
Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on CD-RW Media (4x)(Camper)
Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on CD-RW Media (4x)(i)
Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on CD-RW Media (4x)(ii)
Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on CD-RW Media (4x)(iii)

Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on CD Extra (SAO/TAO)
Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on CD Extra (single/multi)
Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on Enhanced CD (half-baked)
Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on Enhanced CD (cRoxio ****)

Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on "udf-iso"

Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on Mixed Mode (half-baked)
Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on Mixed Mode (silent)
Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on Mixed Mode (mislead)
Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on Mixed Mode (conflict)
Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on Mixed Mode (summary)
Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on Mixed Mode (Wow!)

Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on Mixed Mode (asshole)
Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on Mixed Mode (error)(i)
Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on Mixed Mode (error)(ii)
Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on Mixed Mode (single-multi)(i)
Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on Mixed Mode (single-multi)(ii)
Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on Mixed Mode (audio)
Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on Mixed Mode (latrine)
Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on Mixed Mode (crap)
Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on Mixed Mode (baby food)
Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on Mixed Mode (caught)
Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on Mixed Mode (references)
Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on Mixed Mode (Sphincter)
Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on Mixed Mode (elementary)(i)
Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on Mixed Mode (elementary)(ii)
Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on Mixed Mode (elementary)(iii)
Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on Mixed Mode (elementary)(iv)
Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on Mixed Mode (value)(i)
Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on Mixed Mode (value)(ii)
Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on Mixed Mode (value)(iii)
Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on Mixed Mode (DAO)

Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on DVD Multisession
(ezcd/tao/dao)
Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on DVD Multisession (only dao)
Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on DVD Multisession (multi-GB)
Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on DVD Multisession (Ezcd-No)
Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on DVD Multisession (yes-no)
Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on DVD Multisession (pioneer)
Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on DVD Multisession (Nero)
Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on DVD Multisession (standard)

Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on DVD Multisession
(inconsistencies)

Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on DVD Multisession
(inconsistencies)(ii)

Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on DVD Multisession
(inconsistencies)(iii)

Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on DVD Multisession (erratic)

Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on CD-RW (forgetful)

Mike Richter & Asshole Digging
Mike Richter & Asshole Digging (DVD error rates)
Mike Richter & Asshole Digging (professional)
Mike Richter & Asshole Digging (ii)
Mike Richter & Asshole Digging (Media Sciences)
Mike Richter & Asshole Digging (forgetful)
Mike Richter & Asshole Digging (unreadable)
Mike Richter & Asshole Digging (self erase)
Mike Richter & Asshole Digging (2x)(unreliable)
Mike Richter & Asshole Digging (2x)(lethal)
Mike Richter & Asshole Digging (dvd)
Mike Richter & Asshole Digging (error rate)
Mike Richter & Asshole Digging (experts)

Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on InCD
Mike Richter & Asshole Digging (InCD)

Mike Richter's Unadulterated White Lies (dvd-mp3)

Mike Richter's Unadulterated White Lies (error rates)(7-00)
Mike Richter's Unadulterated White Lies (error rates)(5-01)
Mike Richter's Unadulterated White Lies (error rates)(9-01)
Mike Richter's Unadulterated White Lies (error rates)(9-01)(ii)
Mike Richter's Unadulterated White Lies (error rates)(4-03)
Mike Richter's Unadulterated White Lies (error rates)(5-03)

Mike Richter's Poppycock on C1/C2 Errors

Mike Richter - the Slimiest Lying Friggin SOB (UDF)

Mike Richter -the Slimiest Friggin SOB (udf/fixed)(pussyfoot)(Lose)(i)
Mike Richter -the Slimiest Friggin SOB
(udf/fixed)(pussyfoot)(Lose)(ii)
Mike Richter -the Slimiest Friggin SOB
(udf/fixed)(pussyfoot)(Lose)(iii)

Mike Richter - The Slimiest Friggin SOB (udf/fixed)(pussyfoot)(i)
Mike Richter - The Slimiest Friggin SOB (udf/fixed)(pussyfoot)(ii)
Mike Richter - The Slimiest Friggin SOB (udf/fixed)(pussyfoot)(iii)
Mike Richter - The Slimiest Friggin SOB (udf/fixed)(pussyfoot)(v)
Mike Richter - The Slimiest Friggin SOB (udf/fixed)(pussyfoot)(vi)
Mike Richter - The Slimiest Friggin SOB (udf/fixed)(pussyfoot)(vii)
Mike Richter - The Slimiest Friggin SOB (udf/fixed)(pussyfoot)(viii)
Mike Richter - The Slimiest Friggin SOB (udf/fixed)(pussyfoot)(ix)
Mike Richter - The Slimiest Friggin SOB (udf/fixed)(pussyfoot)(x)

Mike Richter - the Slimiest Lying Friggin SOB (rewrite cycle)
Mike Richter - the Slimiest Lying Friggin SOB (forgetful)
Mike Richter - the Slimiest Lying Friggin SOB (unreliable)
Mike Richter - the Slimiest Lying Friggin SOB (unreliable)(ii)
Mike Richter - the Slimiest Lying Friggin SOB (flaky)

Mike Richter, Is CD-RW Media Homeless?

Mike Richter's Unadulterated White Lies (cd-rw/4x)(i)

Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on CD-RW Media (i)
Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on CD-RW Media (ii)
Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on CD-RW Media (iii)

(To be continued)
Old June 9th 08, 01:06 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
smh

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

Allen (Mikey S-licker) slurped:

Eric Gisin (Newsgroup Faggot Punk) squealed:

It's a CD burner, you stupid cock sucker.

Eric, I was getting ready to send you a scathing post about your
response, but then I saw who you were replying to. You hit the nail on
the head.

Instead of squealing like a stuck pig, why don't you Mikey S-lickers
prove ANY of the following is a LIBEL?

Don't understand why you Mikey S-lickers are unable to do so when all
you Mikey S-lickers need to do is copy & paste the proof of libels Mikey

Old June 9th 08, 01:22 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
GMAN[_4_]

If someone does, will you just ****ing DIE already?
Old June 9th 08, 02:57 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
smh

GMAN (****ing Liar) whimpered:

smh wrote:

Eric Gisin (Newsgroup Faggot Punk) squealed:

snip squealing

Instead of squealing like a stuck pig, why don't you faggot punks prove
ANY of the following is a LIBEL?

Don't understand why you faggot punks are unable to do so when all you
faggot punks need to do is copy & paste the proof of libels Mikey
claimed to have. That's all it takes. It's that simple. It's that easy.

If someone does, will you just ****ing DIE already?

One more time:

That's all it takes. It's that simple. It's that easy.

Why don't you just do it and find out?

BTW, whatever happened to this?

From: GMAN
Date: 6/17/03
Subject: Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(8a)

Use my name without my permission one more time SMH, and
I will go after you in court.

..
Who Is Mike Richter and