A computer components & hardware forum. HardwareBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » HardwareBanter forum » General Hardware & Peripherals » General Hardware
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

AMD or Intel?

Old July 27th 07, 01:56 PM

First recorded activity by HardwareBanter: Jul 2007
Send a message via ICQ to ask
Default AMD or Intel?

I am getting ready to get a new computer and I want one that is going to be working for what I want for a while. I'm going with an Alienware 5500 and have it confiured much to my liking. The only question I have is which processor is better in your opinion, the AMD Athlon 64 3500+ w/ HyperTransport Technology or the Intel Pentium D 930 w/ Dual Core Technology 3.0GHz 800MHz FSB . I'm sure either one will serve me fine. I was leaning towards the AMD because of what a friend told me. I just thought before sinking 1500 bucks into a computer, I should make sure I make the right decision. Thanks.