AMD or Intel?

Old July 27th 07, 01:56 PM
ask ask is offline
Junior Member

Location: Ukraine
Send a message via ICQ to ask
Default AMD or Intel?

I am getting ready to get a new computer and I want one that is going to be working for what I want for a while. I'm going with an Alienware 5500 and have it confiured much to my liking. The only question I have is which processor is better in your opinion, the AMD Athlon 64 3500+ w/ HyperTransport Technology or the Intel Pentium D 930 w/ Dual Core Technology 3.0GHz 800MHz FSB . I'm sure either one will serve me fine. I was leaning towards the AMD because of what a friend told me. I just thought before sinking 1500 bucks into a computer, I should make sure I make the right decision. Thanks.