More proof that Intel sucks

Old February 29th 04, 05:46 PM
BoB

"Dennis E Strausser Jr" wrote in message

"BoB" wrote in message

3. E-Serial, I have to admit, I'm not sure what you mean here.

Reg
ethernet....... (My bad..) 10/100
1. Fastest Gibabit on 64bitpci 10/100/1000
4. usb2 I didn't say 2.0 but it still works. (both USB 1.1 and

2.0.)
2. firewire400 400/800 They want to go as far as 1.2Gb with it.
duh!
Right order, if E-Serial is reg. ethernet.
Right order too.
Like oops, wrong.. What am I thinking.

E-serial is the newest(buy now!) external drive interface, kicks ass,
sata 150(MB/s).
Gigabit(of course is 1Mb/s or 100MB/s) full support on 64bit pci

Trust me, you can get a 1000MB/s on ethernet.
I Only know this, cause I dream about having it for netwark.
I think you can only get it for Dual boards.

server boards, intel and other intergrated chipsets may support full
speed, nothing on a 32 bit pci bus gets more than half!
USB2 480Mb/s(for all practical purposes-I never measure more than

Can USB 2 Really go that fast? I thought it was around 40MB/s

15-16MB/s)
Firewire400 may measure as fast or faster, but 400Mb/s

Running a network on firewire is SweeT, If I capture a file on this P4,

and
want to
get rid of it fast for more space, over to the AMD it goes.
My 20 Gig drive is a factor though, cause it can only go 15 or so Mbytes
(MB/s)

USB1.1(sucks-slow, about 1MB/s-measured)this was so obvious
I dropped from list, now ask your damn teacher/tester/author
if he can pass my test! I would send him back to school, the school of

hard
knocks and self-help, vbg! Never was impressed with those

ms/cert/pro/eng
either. They are all like history majors, this stuff
changes too damn fast.

Thanks Very Much for cutting some of that, one of us had to do it.
Out Dated book? There's a lot of out dated systems out there too.
Just need to know some of that small stuff I may not remember.
But, your helping some. TY.

Denny. :-) Always with a smile, even if times are bad.

Sorry about the typo with
Gigabit(of course is 1Mb/s or 100MB/s) full support on 64bit pci

should read 1Gb/s, don't confuse B with b!
counting overhead there's about 10bits(b) to a Byte(B)
gigabit ethernet will give you 80MB/s(fully optimized)60MB/s otherwise,
if both ends have anything that can feed and receive data at those rates.
Stripped raptors come to mind, I know intel's newest chipsets get the
gigabit lan off the pci bus, I haven't got access to 2 machines to test!
My buddy's getting ready to order an amd64, kinda wonder about using
a cat5e crossover cable tho???????

Old February 29th 04, 11:28 PM
Travis King

I've never liked Celerons. Every single one that I've used was really slow
in comparison with an AMD. (even the old, 400MHz ones.)
"Asestar" wrote in message
And it feels so slow, even after reformatting and installing WinXP

Pro.
It
feels about like a Duron 750 I have running at 933MHz....but slower.

That would be proof that *Celerons* suck, which the rest of us already
knew, troll-b01.

To say the least, Intel are trying to fool everyone by P4 (which is a

decent
proc) based celerons at v-cheap price. However, at a much less price,

Amd's
Durons are much much better and faster than celerons. Hell, the old
coppermine celerons were better than new p4 celerons, when clocked to same
level.
Not everyone is rich, or have need for expensive system. So many consider
budget cpu's, it's a reality. Intel sucks because they sell **** poor
celerons at higher prices than durons, while Dell sucks Xtra more for

using
celerons (and not durons) in cheap models..

Old March 1st 04, 07:28 AM
Dennis E Strausser Jr

"BoB" wrote in message

[...]

Hm, I know you can do it with 1394 firewire, a direct cable between systems.
ethernet pro, I'm not sure, but if you can do it = full speed for a maxtor
120 GB with a 8MB buffer. 7200 rpm.
as for something like Sata, or SCSI 320, you wouldn't be able to go as fast
as those drives can go.
Why SCSI 320? Me? 107 MB/s seems fast enough to me. Price. I might as well
do everything I can do to
have all updates for A+, and gets my self a real job.
500$ or so for @ least an ok amount of HD space, Not cheap, but I like the
fact you can get 5 Drives and more on just
one channel.
7, if memory serves me right.
Sata speed, 120? something like that I think.
Denny. :-) always with a smile, even if times are bad.

Cool, (B) and (b) That helps. ty
amd64, the one I want is yet to come out, I thought it was, Darn It.
Cost I'm thinking is going to be around 500$ or so.
Socket 940 Athlon FX53 GHz? Hmm, 2.3 GHz, I'm not sure.
As for Firewair (huh?) Firewire, I wonder if I can get an IEEE 1394
Firewireb Card, or is that 1394b hmm...
All I know is that it's 800Mbs

Old March 9th 04, 02:20 PM
rstlne

"Wayne Youngman" wrote in message
Hi,

just to say something good about Dell's, and that is they make very quiet
P.Cs
--
Wayne ][
Concepts, Theory, Learning Curves, and woman with big bOObs!

So do I
heh

But yes.. a Dell Case is well design'd against all noise.. acoustic and
electronic