Incomplete burn to CDRs

Old June 5th 08, 07:59 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
smh

Default Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on C1/C2 Errors

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

Mike Richter crapped:

Optimum speed ... is best measured, not guesstimated.
CDSpeed is a good, free tool for the purpose;
Plextools is even better if you have a suitable
Plexwriter since it measures both C1 and C2.

Do you even know what C1/C2 errors are, Mikey?

Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on C1/C2 Errors

From: Noik
Date: 8/13/05

Mike Richter (Slimy Friggin ****) splattered:

James Perrett wrote:

if I'm seeing C2 errors then there MUST, by definition,
be C1 errors on the disc - in fact, every disc will
have a few C1 errors.

You are assuming a correlation between C1 and C2 errors
which is stronger than reality.

They are different measures and while they do have a gross
correlation, it is not the sort you are expecting.

I still feel that C1 and C2 errors are substantially different.

I think that a C2 error is a C1 error(s) that couldn't be corrected
with the C1 error correction capabilities. They're not independant,
they're basically the same thing except for which level of error
correction can correct the error. You're using a program that just
doesn't report C1 errors, as indicated by the fact that the "C1 error"
part in your screenshot is greyed out.

Now I know why you can create disks that have no C1 errors.
..

--------------------------------------
Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------
(Mike Richter, Any Material Connection w/ Roxio?)
Old June 6th 08, 03:53 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
smh

Default Mike Richter - The Slimiest Lying Friggin SOB (Plextools)'

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

Mike Richter crapped:

Speed is a possible cause of Neil's problem, but 4x is below optimum for
typical modern media and writers. Optimum speed is usually in the range
8-16x, but is best measured, not guesstimated. CDSpeed is a good, free
tool for the purpose; Plextools is even better if you have a suitable
Plexwriter since it measures both C1 and C2.

Have you seen C1 errors, Mikey?
Have you run Plextools, Mikey?

Mike Richter - the Slimiest Lying Friggin SOB (Plextools)

Mike Richter crapped (12/1/06):

Is Plextor Plextools worth installing with a Plextor drive
if you already have Nero 7?

I find it worthwhile not for burning discs but for evaluating the burn.

Have you run Plextools, Mikey?

======================
From: Mike Richter (the Slimiest Lying Friggin ****)
Date: 8/10/05

James Perrett wrote:

Are you using the 1210S to measure errors? If so then I'm not
surprised that you don't see any C1 errors because it can't
report them.

I thought I'd try Mike's advice so I measured a known bad disc
in a Plextor PX712 drive (which supports C1 and C2 error
reporting) with the LATEST version of CDSpeed (4.01).

The Plextor drives that measure C1/C2 error rates come with
Plextools

I took a look at the error report on your web page. That's
exactly the kind of display I get from CDSpeed on a bad disc.
But, in my tests, Plextools show plenty of C1 errors leading
up to those C2 errors so I can fairly confidently say that
CDSpeed isn't reading the error count correctly.

[CDSpeed does not support Plextors because rumor has it ]
[that Plextor threatened with legal action for doing so!]

.
Do you ever see any C1 errors with CDSpeed on your machines?

I recall having seen C1 errors on earlier versions of CDSpeed

Unfortunately, I'm not running Plextools and therefore have no
further information to offer.
======================
'

--------------------------------------
Old June 6th 08, 04:54 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Neil

Default Incomplete burn to CDRs

On Jun 3, 2:03�pm, Neil wrote:
Nero and WMP11 only burn about 2/3 (14 of 21 files -- total of 680
mgs) of wav files to CDR. Nero quits at 80%. WMP11 got to track 14
then said Finalize. I now have 4 coasters. Worked OK to CDRW though.
Thanks for help.

Success burning in Nero to CDR setting the burn speed to 8x, though it
changed to 16x just before burn started. I'll always set burn to the
lowest speed for CDRs, and let Nero choose the highest speed for CDRWs
and DVDRWs.

Anyone know what the burn speeds in WMP11 are numerically for its
settings of Fastest, Fast, Medium and Slow?

Re other questions:

Check that you have the latest Nero. (For Nero 6, 6.6.1.15 is the

latest.)

Went to their website -- that # is not there for updates to version 6.
I have 6 6 0 14 Sony version.

Check that DMA is on.

Yes it is

Check that the burner's firmware is the latest.

Didn't do that. Don't like messing with firmware. But I'll go to
Sony's site and see what's there for my DVD drive.

Thanks to all for your help.
Old June 7th 08, 08:11 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
smh

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

Mike Richter (Slimy ****) crapped:

.
What speed are you burning at? I always burn at 4X, as faster burn
speeds often lead to errors.

4x is below optimum for
typical modern media and writers.

Is 4x now only "below optimum" with "modern" writers, Mikey?

Whatever happened to "modern" here, Mikey?

======================
From: Mike Richter
Date: 8/4/05

Even the T-Y [Taiyo Yuden] high-speed discs available
under various rebadgers' names do not write acceptably
at 4x and below.
======================

But then when this was posted:

======================
From: Sunny
Date: 4/12/06

I'm still using my old Mat****a 4x SCSI burner, which has always
burned excellent quality audio at 4x. Using high-speed media at
this low speed has not affected my results.
======================

The "even the T-Y" slimily changed to "modern (inexpensive)" without
limiting to "modern" writers:

======================
From: Mike Richter (The Slimiest Friggin ****)
Date: 4/12/06

not satisfied with the audio output,
even when burning at low speed ( 4x)

modern (inexpensive) high-speed media may not be optimum
at such low speeds.
======================
..

--------------------------------------
Old June 8th 08, 05:51 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
smh

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------
http://tinyurl.com/38wte6

(No Mikey S-lickers have been able to prove ANY of the above )
(is a LIBEL -- despite Mikey claimed to have PROOF of libels!)
'

Neil wrote:

Success burning in Nero to CDR setting the burn speed to 8x, though it
changed to 16x just before burn started.

1. Start- Run- type Regedit
2. Go to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ahead\Nero - Burning Rom\Recorder"
3. Go to Edit- New - DWORD Value
4. Rename "New Value #1" to "ShowSingleRecorderSpeed"
5. Click on it and select "Modify"
6. Now set the value 0 to 1

Check that you have the latest Nero. (For Nero 6, 6.6.1.15 is the
latest.)

Went to their website -- that # is not there for updates to version 6.
I have 6 6 0 14 Sony version.

No Nero 6 at all or show 6.6.1.15c?
Do a Web search?

Thanks to all for your help.

You are welcome.
Old June 8th 08, 05:52 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
smh

Morton wrote:

What speed are you burning at? I always burn at 4X, as faster burn
speeds often lead to errors.

Check that the cd drives are on DMA, hard disk is defragged and there is
enough free space. Then run "simulation". Post back if you still have
problems with faster burn speeds.
Old June 8th 08, 07:42 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
smh

Default Mike Richter's Unadulterated White Lies (error rates)

Mike Richter (Slimy Lying ****) crapped:

Optimum speed is usually in the range
8-16x, but is best measured, not guesstimated.

Sounds as if you have actually measured - something.
Is "error rates" no longer in your vocabulary?

Mike Richter's Unadulterated White Lies (error rates)

========================
From: Mike Richter
Date: 7/22/00

I have actually measured error rates
========================

The above is an unadulterated white LIE.

There was NO way Mikey could have measured "error rates" (C1/C2
errors). Mikey did NOT even have a drive reporting C1 errors.

..
And Mike Richter does NOT even know what C1/C2 errors are!
Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on C1/C2 Errors:
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.c...33b46a7a72bdb3

.
CDSpeed is a good, free tool for the purpose;
Plextools is even better if you have a suitable
Plexwriter since it measures both C1 and C2.

CD Speed measured both C1/C2 well before Plextools.

Then again you did not even know CDSpeed does not support Plextors, and
moreover LIED as if it did:
Mike Richter - the Slimiest Lying Friggin SOB (Plextools)
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.c...66dbf368fa03ae

-------------------------------
Wow! What a Slimy Friggin SOB!
Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?

incomplete startup [email protected] Homebuilt PC's 3 April 7th 07 08:56 PM
incomplete boot George Homebuilt PC's 6 February 24th 06 11:11 PM
Incomplete print with Epson C44+ Binky Printers 9 June 15th 05 11:36 AM
HP 672c incomplete printing Bill Petitt Printers 2 December 19th 04 01:19 AM
HP IIP Incomplete page print John Printers 3 November 27th 03 12:20 AM