Looking for a PC case 1 rear 120mm and one Front bottom 120mm fan any recomendations ?

Old May 17th 04, 04:43 AM
We Live For The One We Die For The One

Default Looking for a PC case 1 rear 120mm and one Front bottom 120mm fan any recomendations ?

Looking for a PC case 1 rear 120mm and one Front bottom 120mm fan any
recomendations ?

Must be either Mid or what i realy want is FULL TOWER

Iam going to add a Side and Top fan as well, but the Front and rear
must have either space for 120mm fans or better yet have the holes cut
already just waiting for the fans to be fitted.

I saw the Vantec Super Lanboy, its ok but iam looking for a case with
some more space than that, any ideas ?
Old May 17th 04, 07:49 AM
CoCo

hi

make the holes yourself, not many cases can use 120mm fans from scratch.

(in my oppinion you need only one rear 120mm and 2 or 3 80mm fanopenings in
the front, some filter is strongly adviced, a lot of dust will enter the
case otherwise.)

my case is a chieftech fulltower dragon with one 120mm in the rear and i
have a psu with a 120mm fan. this case has 3x80mm prestamped holes in the
front and one in the side. (covered in my case)

coco

"We Live For The One We Die For The One" Mr skrev i
meddelandet ...

Old May 17th 04, 04:00 PM
Rick

Not sure exactly what you're after, probably cooling and silent? Most cases
cannot fit a 120mm in the back, but some have dual 80mm fans. If you're into
a case that has all the cooling installed already this thermaltake model has
7 "silent" fans preinstalled. The price of the case is a bout $185.00 Can,
but that includes the fan control, digital display and 7ea 80x25 silent
fans. A bargain when you look at the whole picture...
http://www.thermaltake.com/xaserCase/xaser3/v1000a.htm

Thermaltake V1000a at Canada Computers...
http://www.canadacomputers.com/cases.html#cas

They are superbly manufactured as well and solid as a rock.

Cya, Rick

"We Live For The One We Die For The One" Mr wrote in
message ...

Old May 17th 04, 04:26 PM
We Live For The One We Die For The One

The suck bloated with unneeded NOISY fans, give me a fan with only
120mm fans and a fan controler to knock em down to 7 volts at will,
ANYDAY.

Old May 17th 04, 08:32 PM

The suck bloated with unneeded NOISY fans, give me a fan with only
120mm fans and a fan controler to knock em down to 7 volts at will,
ANYDAY.

Don't need a controller, just move the yellow & red wire on the MOLEX,
that will give 7 volts !

And the 'xaser' is available 60% cheaper - it's only a painted
'chieftec ' Also made for Antec, Koolance & Enermax.

A quick flick down all the cases listed :
http://www.auspcmarket.com.au/

suggests that many more than 3 brands are really casetec.

BoroLad
Old May 19th 04, 04:42 PM
Fredh

You might be interested by one of these towers (it's a french site, but can
be shipped via this excellent merchant site www.ldlc.fr)

http://www.textorm.com/Boitier_serve...roduit_28.html
http://www.textorm.com/Boitier_moyen...oduit_181.html

I have myself the 6A19 with 2x120mm fans, one in front of the hard drives
(intake with dust filter) and one in the back for extraction. Very good
design, low noise and good temps for a mid tower (I have
XP2600+/Radeon9800pro/GA-7VAXP/2x60GB hard disks in raid, av. temp ~42°C in
full load)

fred.