Acer service quality in UK?

Old February 26th 05, 02:08 PM
Chris Catt

Hi, I think anyone who has had to use service returns for any company will
have good or bad stories. I don't believe that Acer's is any worse than
anyone else. It's just that you won't get those who have positive things to
say posting in this newsgroup......
ChrisC
"Guy Fawkes" wrote in message
Fixer wrote:

As someone who has to errrr fix Acer machines I can agree their
aftersales
is appauling on their so called next business day repair customers have
wait anywhere upto 3 months and then they have no idea when we are
coming,
moral of the story is Never Buy an Acer unless you live around the
corner
from the Collect and repair depot which is down in Exeter

IS it?

I live in exeter and I certainly didn't know that.

where it be then?

--
Lithium ion internal and external batteries.
Internal from £30 External from £75 (trade)

Old March 5th 05, 08:59 PM
wendyp

It's rubbish. My laptop is six months old. It got sent away as the usb
ports blew, new main board installed. It was returned with a completely
knackered battery - wouldn't hold a charge. Managed to get through on the
phone and they were sending a new battery. I got the battery in 2 weeks.
In the meantime, I had had my laptop for 3 days before it wouldn't even
boot up. It got sent back for repair. I got it 3 weeks later, another new
mainboard and now the wireless hasn't been enabled (hardware switches all
messed up) and they even cracked the casing. I really want to throw it out
the window.

Old March 9th 05, 10:43 PM
Chris

I will never buy another Acer product. Their management's own words to me
after a year of trying to get a RAM issue resolved was I was being "Fobbed
off"

They are dreadful

"Tiny Tim" wrote in message
My girlfriend's Acer Ferrari laptop was picked up two weeks ago today by
courier for "repair" while still under warranty. The only fault was that
the lettering was wearing off several of the keys. This was explained to
Acer when she phoned to report the problem.

The laptop has not been returned and on contacting them today they say
"awaiting parts" and cannot give a timeframe for availability. It was the
same story on Monday this week. There is no diagnosis required or anything
complicated - it is simply a case of replacing a few keys or better still,
the whole keyboard. I would imagine the Ferrari shares its keyboard design
with several others in the Acer range and find it hard to believe they
can't source a replacement within two weeks.

What is other people's experience? Is there anything she can realistically
do to speed things up? This seems like truly appalling customer service to
me.

Cheers,
Tim.

Old March 23rd 05, 02:05 PM
Lorna Cooke

Just to close off the thread I started here, Acer finally returned the
laptop exactly three weeks to the day since they picked it up. The packaging
was excellent and it was returned in pristine condition with the repair
effected properly. It's a pity they can't keep the customer better informed
and act more promptly but at least my worst fears of scratches and "new
problems" were not realised.

My past experience of Dell is that they can accomplish the same service
including pickup, repair and return within a single week, not three! I
wonder why Acer have such a struggle with such simple things.

Old March 23rd 05, 02:07 PM
Lorna Cooke

Ooops - just realised I am posting from my girlfriend's laptop, the Acer, so
it looks like this post is from Lorna Cooke instead of Tiny Tim (the OP)

Old March 24th 05, 04:19 PM
Roger

Sony told me 3-6 weeks to fix a mat****a DVD in a T1XP.

Old April 8th 05, 02:50 PM
ricktoy

Follow up:
Got in touch with the UK service department on 0870 8531000 just
before Easter and arranged to have monitor picked up. It came back
within 5 days, despite Easter! The converter board needed replacing.
So Acer's service is good, but my experience is to forget about
emailing them.

My Acer 1721MS monitor has died on me last week, it was bought in

June 2004. It 'blacked out' several times over the last 3 months.
Tried to contact Acer services on 0870 8531000 hoping to ask them for
assistance, but there was always a queue of 7; if you try them around
1pm they're out for lunch.
I emailed them recently on (according to

message on service tel nr.) - so far no reply.

Rick Brandt