SB live 5.1 digital: WDM driver problem

Old July 22nd 03, 09:09 PM
Shep©

Default SB live 5.1 digital: WDM driver problem

On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 12:27:43 +0200, In this world we created "Bjoern
Fruehsorge" wrote :

Hi,

I installed the whole driver/software package under Win98SE, but I am
not getting any sound.

- the windows mixer symbol is not displayed in the system tray
- in the windows multimedia settings, on the "audio" tab, I am not
allowed to select any preferrable device for playback and recording
- the windows device manager shows no hardware conflicts at all.
- Creative diagnostics shows the hardware detection test o.k. but all
other tests failed.

Reinstalling the windows multimedia package with volume control, codecs
etc. did not change the situation.

A few months before, I had a similar problem with my on-board soundchip
(CMEDIA), a WDM _and_ a VxD driver were available. With the WDM driver
I had exactly the same effects as mentioned above, but the VxD driver
worked properly.

Can anybody please help me, I don't have got any further ideas.

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Bjoern

Go to remove the package from the Control Panel/Add Remove Programs
list and try a repair?

--
Free Windows/PC help,
Free songs download,